MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR WENDY!
“MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR WENDY!”
Forty five year-old Wendy Endo was born and raised as an Orange County resident. She has been a Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade teacher with the Garden Grove School District for the past 20 years. She is a single parent to a beautiful 12 year-old daughter named Kyra.
Around the beginning of May 2016, Wendy began to experience back pains. She thought she had strained her back from bowling. She took Tylenol daily and despite her severe pain, continued to work. On May 11, her back pain became so severe, she had to leave school. Her x-ray revealed that there were fractures in her spine, but it was inconclusive as to how it had happened. Later that same month, an MRI was scheduled. Three days following the MRI, the doctor called Wendy and asked for her and her dad to come into his office immediately. The doctor informed them that she had cancer and it had metastasized to her spine. Upon hearing the news, Wendy described her emotions as shocked, surreal and disbelief. That same evening, she was immediately admitted to the hospital and given radiation treatments.
On June 6, a PET Scan was performed. The doctors confirmed Wendy had Stage 4 Breast Cancer. It started from a mass on her breast, which then metastasized to her spine, shoulders, pelvis and ribs. She also had microscopic nodules in her lungs and liver.
Later in June, Wendy had her first chemo treatment. This was the first of many treatments in her fight against Breast Cancer.
Wendy’s journey has just begun. She will be fighting a very tough battle. Her medical bills and out-of-pocket payments are starting to build. As Wendy’s friends, family, colleagues and students, we are asking for your donations in order to assist with her out-of-pocket medical expenses. Your donation will help pay for co-payments, medications, hospital stay, CT and PET scans, MRI’s, lab work and chemo treatments. Her insurance covers 80%, while the remaining 20% is Wendy's responsibility.
We could use your help. No donation is considered too small. Every little bit helps. Please consider sharing this so we can spread the word!
Thank you & blessings to all...♥
You're awesome, Mandy! Thank you, Cuz, for supporting me throughout!! I'm going to fight this cancer once and for all!!
You are such a sweet friend, Julie. After all these years, you still carry the biggest heart. Thanks for helping me get through my battle.
Mahalo, Jen, for your generous donation. I appreciate your friendship.
Thank you, Valerie, for helping me battle cancer. Your donation means a lot to me.
I truly appreciate your donation, the Polk family. Helping me get through my cancer means a lot to me and Kyra. ❤
Thanks for your generous donation, Nadine!! I will get through all of this because I have real friends like you. ❤❤
Thanks, Amy!! I appreciate your contribution to help me fight cancer! ❤
Thank you SO much, Lori, for your thoughtful donation. I appreciate all the love I'm getting from our Los Alamitos friends! XOXO
Your donation means a lot to me, Alan!! Thank you for helping me fight my cancer.
I am blessed with your support, Aloha Pizza! Thank u for helping me!! ❤
Wow, Linda, that is such a big donation for me! I appreciate your generosity and love.
Thanks, Girl Friend, for being so generous and supporting me!! XOXO
Thanks Rick for your support to help me fight cancer!! I appreciate it very much! ❤
I truly appreciate your generous donation Michael!! I will fight this cancer, dear!! Keep posting those slow jams.
Thank you very much Stephany for your donation to help me fight my cancer, sweetie! ❤❤
You are so sweet, Lynn, for being so thoughtful and helping me beat my cancer. I really appreciate your help!
Love you, Leo!! Thanks for your sweet donation!! Still wish you were here with me but appreciate your knowledge and support. XOXO
Hi Alex!! Thank you very much for your donation. I appreciate what everyone is doing for me. I still remember our fun days in high school and hearing you DJ!!
Awww, Dean!! Thank you so much for your donation. But you weren't supposed to. You already bought me too much! And your visit was a gift in itself. XOXO