"Project Possible" - 14/7
I firmly believe that everything in life is possible armed only with a determined approach and positive mindset. That is how I managed all of the above and how I continue to live now. Now that my military career is behind me, I will strive to break more boundaries and help others move forward in their lives, realise their dreams and exceed my and their limitations.
Project Possible 14/7
To climb all 14 of the 8,000m Himalayan peaks in a single 7 month season, breaking the previous record of 7 years, 11 months and 14 days.
My Achievements to Date
In 2016, I was awarded an MBE (Member of the British Empire by HM Queen Elizabeth II) for my outstanding achievement on high altitude mountaineering which includes,
1. Orchestrating the rescue of a stricken Indian climber, who had succumbed to cold weather injuries in the infamous ‘Everest Death Zone’. Although the rescue was gruelling, it was successful and the climber has made a full recovery.
2. Completion of the G200E Gurkha Expedition that took 13 Gurkhas to the top of Everest, for which I was lead instructor.
3. Fixing the all-important rope lines to summit of Everest. The original fixing team missed multiple windows due to bad weather so I formed a team and took care of this essential work. This action resulted in the safe and successful summit of G200E expedition as well as for all other teams and climbers on Mount Everest that season.
4. Shortly after the G200E Gurkha expedition I returned to the region and managed to set a number of world records during my 7 days spare leave.
5. Guinness World Record 1 : The fastest time ever from the summit of Everest to the summit of Lhotse, taking a total of 10 hours 15 minutes, beating the previous record of 20 hours.
6. Guinness World Record 2: The fastest consecutive summits of Everest, Lhotse and Makalu (Higher 8000m peaks) taking a total of five days.
7. Guinness World Record 3: The first person to summit Everest twice, Lhotse once and Makalu once, in the same season, taking a total of 17 days.
If you have any specific request, please DM me on socials media and/or email to email@example.com
The challenge is hard, but with your help, we will meet them. Let's create a history together next year!
Please, help us spread the word! Share this link on social media and email!
Thank you, truly.
Nirmal ‘Nims’ Purja MBE