UPDATE BELOW :) Thank you all!!
Hi, my name is Jackie and I'm fundraising for Hugh and his 3 kids. They are homeless, living in their car in Los Angeles, CA and have no money. Hugh spends his days begging for money on the street and stays up all night watching the kids sleep with a window cracked in the 90-110 degree heat. The kids are waking up with bloody noses and only play outside in the heat. The kids are full of life and are ages 3, 5, and 6. They have never been to school. They would love to go bowling, or do any fun kid activities. Hugh is 61, originally from Belize, and he is a single father who is eager to work in any way. He is a bright soul who is just trying to keep his kids healthy, safe and off the streets.
The money will be used for:
• An apartment or home that will accept this family (if you have resources for housing please contact me!)
• Food for the family
• Clothing, shoes, socks, and basic needs like shampoo and body wash and diapers
• Insurance and gas for his van
Email: Please contact through email for all help, care packages and outreach
Hugh Family Outreach Contact Button in link
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100095296449445
The Facebook group is for the community to come together with our resources to help Hugh!
I am raising money for this family so they can afford to get off the streets. The plan is to get them a permanent home, and in the mean time keep them safe in a motel. With your donations we can keep them in a motel. It is $1,170 per week. Because it is so expensive, we are also looking into a shelter or shared housing until we can afford to get them a home.
• Shelters are at capacity
• Shelters don’t regularly accept men with children with no female figure
They have been trying to get into a shelter for a very long time, but there are not many that take men with children if there is no female figure. The shelters in LA are at capacity and they are forced to live in the heat in their car. The kids need medical help as well and have no resources to see a doctor.
I would really appreciate any help to get this family off the streets and the kids fed and safe.
Hugh is eager to work and with a stable home he will be able to do that with his kids safe.
Currently I am personally paying for them in a motel for a few nights. (now funded by donations)
Any help is very appreciated! Thank you for all your support.
If anyone can help with any advice as well as to group homes, shelters, or other resources to help this family it would be greatly appreciated. Let's get Hugh and his kids safe and off the streets!
Thank you so much for all your donations! I am posting updates on my Instagram story (@jackiegansky)
- They are in an air bnb for the month of August!! Thank you for your donation they have their own beds and so much space to play! They love having a full sized fridge, microwave, and room to run around safely in the air conditioning.
- We are looking for a permanent home that they can afford for a long period of time with your donations
- We are taking into account expenses for down payment, insurance, electricity, wifi, and furniture
- Hugh’s van broke down, if he would have driven it any longer it would have caught on fire. We are looking for any car donations or to buy a car for him.
- Hugh is an incredible artist, we are going to start him his own company of selling his drawings to bring in income for the family!!
- We are working to get the children’s documents and medical records so they can enroll in school.
- We took them bowling and they had so much fun! They got a bowling kit from the Amazon wish list and love playing at home, it’s their favorite!
- Thank you for all the Amazon wish list gifts, they LOVE their new clothes, shoes and toys! They are so excited for school and have their own backpacks!
- We are looking for therapy for the children and Hugh
- Thank you so much for all your donations and love! Hugh and his children are so grateful to be safe and have food.