Autistic Person Needs Safe Home & Schooling
Because of those who've already donated, I was able to raise enough to cover a plane ticket and the cost of a work visa, background check, Medical evaluation, etc.
I have a year on this Visa to save and successfully reach my initial fundraiser goal to apply for a student visa and get into Uni.
I'm also still in need of a home of my own. (I'm renting out a room until I can find a suitable place.)
Backstory for those that are new here;
I began raising money to help me, an Autistic chronically ill person, to escape abuse and homelessness.
I had recently got diagnosed in 2022, as Autistic, which made the abuse from my family and environment worsen.
(I also suffer with PTSD, and Graves' disease. Long Covid has made my condition worsen over time and it's been nearly impossible to keep a job, and perform normal day-to-day tasks as I use to before Covid.)
With the help and moral support from a few online friends, we wrote up the first version of my fundraiser.
It took three attempts before the current fundraiser finally received it's first donations.
Since then everyone has been kind enough to encourage me to keep going with my dreams.
My goals and milestones:
- The plane ticket is covered!! (Thank you everyone for your help!)
- I received my work Visa and also consulted with an immigration advisor for the next steps to hopefully get a different Visa before my current expires.
- I've added the cost of tuition, school levy fees, and accommodation until I can get approval or find some other way to cover it. (NOT TAKING OUT A LOAN)
- I will also need to cover the first two weeks of rent and the housing deposit (I estimated about $5-6k USD total) NZ bills are paid weekly.
Ways you can help:
- Send a DM with my link & a short explanation to CLOSE friends & family!
- Donate what you're willing to part with, yes even if it's only $1! (I will literally be appreciative no matter the amount!)
- Post on your Timeline requesting that your followers do the same!
- A successful crowdfund is not successful alone, I can reach my goals, as long as we all work as a team!
**I risk my mom and family discovering this... I want you all to keep that in mind... I had to be 100% out about this and it terrifies me to do so.
I avoided putting it for as long as I could but I don't think anyone is registering how much help I really am asking for**
DonationsSee top donationsSee top
Become the first supporter
Your donation matters
GoFundMe protects your donation
We guarantee you a full refund for up to a year in the rare case that fraud occurs. See our GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.