THE PROJECT: WHAT IS GENDERJOBS.ORG?
GenderJobs.org will be a platform with a comprehensive list of job opportunities to work on gender equality and LGBTQI+ rights, curated by two gender professionals with 14+ years of experience who know the sector and are extremely passionate about supporting other gender professionals and anyone who is aspiring to become one!
The website will allow you to filter opportunities, in order to decipher the complex and wonderful world of gender jobs, to explore thematic areas, type of organisations that are looking for gender expertise, type of contract opportunities, salary range, location, and other characteristics.
BEHIND THE PROJECT
As gender professionals and intersectional feminists, we have been sharing gender jobs and other opportunities to develop gender expertise through different platforms for around two years! You might already be following us on LinkedIn, know the weekly #GenderJobsBoard and/or be among the 7000+ subscribers of the more recent Gender Jobs Newsletter.
Our key objectives are:
- To contribute to recognising, valuing and adequately compensating gender expertise
- To facilitate access to opportunities to work on gender equality and LGBTQI+ rights
- To support gender professionals - particularly young professionals - to navigate the existing and growing variety of gender jobs
GenderJobs.org will allow these opportunities to be centralised, as a user-friendly, accessible and free platform!
WHY A CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN?
GenderJobs.org is an independent project, developed by the two of us in our own time because we truly believe this can be useful and enriching for aspiring and current gender professionals!
Because of this, we are launching this crowdfunding campaign to cover some practical necessary expenses.
Our initial funding goal of €6000 includes:
- Freelance web designer to develop the online platform GenderJobs.org
- Web domain GenderJobs.org & website hosting expenses
- Creation of communication materials
- Renewal of the ConvertKit subscription to send the weekly Gender Jobs Newsletter
If with your support we go beyond this initial goal, we will be able to extend the above subscriptions and website hosting as well as potentially - in the medium term - employ someone who could support us with the day to day collection of gender jobs and the maintenance of GenderJobs.org.
THANK YOU for your trust and support!