Our mission is to improve the opportunity for everyone (especially veterans) to learn, play and enjoy the game of chess.
1. Providing chess sets to active duty military personnel, veteran organizations and 1st responder organizations at no cost.
2. Providing chess training materials to active duty military personnel, veteran organizations and 1st responder organizations at no cost.
3. Providing chess training workshops to active duty military personnel, veteran organizations and 1st responder organizations.
4. Providing free chess online tournaments weekly with a cash prize.
5. Providing weekly Zoom meetings.
There have been numerous international studies of the benefits of chess. These include, but are not limited to::
- You are 50% less likely to develop dementia.
- Utilizes both sides of brain.
- Helps your brain to grow.
- Chess players usually have better grades.
It can be played by almost everyone to include:
- Any economic social group.
- From a child to the elderly.
- Any gender.
Think about it. Universally people assume you are smart if you play chess or they even think that you can.
Can't learn? There are more rules to Monopoly than Chess. I bet you can play Monopoly. Have you ever been told you are smart because of it? Bet not.
We are a 100% volunteer IRS Section 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization.
Thank you for helping us to succeed, please pass this message along, follow and like our Facebook pages.
Machinist Mate Chief Petty Officer Submarines/Diver/Deep Submergence, United States Navy (Ret)
Chess Vets Founder/President
US Chess 2018 Co-Person of the Year
US Chess Local Chess Coach
US Chess Local Tournament Director
VA Recreational Therapy Chess Manual Author
Veteran of Foreign War (Life Member)
American Legion Post
Disabled American Veteran (Life Member) 100% Service Connected
US Submarine Veterans (Life Member)