- A
- J

Support Our Baby's Fight Against Kawasaki Disease
0% complete
$2,745 raised of $10K
38 donations
Hello Everyone,
On November 21st, 2025, we noticed our little 9 month old daughter, named Scarlet Vang, started to form red rashes and spots all over her body with a fever and being very lethargic. We decided to wait for a week to see if she would get better, because this could have been just a regular sickness like a cold or flu, but moving forward to another week and she was still having fevers. We started getting really worried so we took her to the Emergency Department at the Hospital, where she was admitted into the hospital for having a rare illness called Kawasaki Disease.
We stayed at the hospital for 3 days and was able to be discharged after she no longer had fevers and no longer vomited her formula out.
We had a follow up on December 4th, 2025, with the Pediatrician cardiologist at the clinic to check her heart again with what they call an echocardiogram to test the heart structure and function. The Pediatrician Cardiologist came to tell us that most babies and kids who have Kawasaki Disease bounce back up after the medications from the hospital, and that the disease stops, but sometimes a small percentage for babies and kids don't get better and the disease gets worse. Unfortunately for our little 9 month, she was that small percentage.
The Pediatrician Cardiologist looked at the photos of her Echocardiogram and said the coronary arteries in her heart were still enlarged and inflamed, and possibly growing bigger that it was a cause of serious concern, so she sent us back to the hospital.
We stayed at the hospital in our hometown, which is Green Bay, Wisconsin, for a day and night, until the next day on December 5th, 2025, in the morning, the doctor came in to tell us that they discussed that my daughter's echocardiogram caused concern in other doctors in Madison, Wisconsin, and told us they wanted to transfer us to Madison, Wisconsin, instead due to having better machines that could help her. They also told us she needed a blood transfusion due to her being very anemic, causing her to look very pale and sick, so she got the blood transfusion.
The doctor told us that our 9 month old daughter's coronary arteries in her heart could potentially burst, which would stop feeding blood to her heart, or another possibility is that the blood could slow down and cause a blood clot, which could potentially cause a heart attack. Both were serious, and since the hospital in Green Bay did not have the heart and lung machine that could help prevent that, they transfered us to Madison, where we could get the machine and better treatment.
Anything helps and we appreciate anything because we are struggling through this time with our little one and hope things look better in the future. Thank you for reading out story, and we thank everyone who helps, no matter how small it is.
