Spread some Christmas Cheer in Barking & Dagenham!
We know 2020 has been a tough year for most of us, and Christmas this year
won’t be the same for many of our residents due to the pandemic.
Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, the festive period is usually a time for
people to have a break from work and catch up with loved ones. But we know
this year will be very different for most of us.
The Council, BD_ Collective and partners have launched the Christmas Cheer
• Provide some hope that we will get through this together
• Re-connect people who may be feeling isolated, especially if they can’t see their loved ones
• Provide support to our most vulnerable residents, through financial assistance or a gift
Your support can help make someone’s Christmas a bit more cheerful. You could be helping an older person have a special Christmas dinner, or a child in need
receive a gift from Father Christmas.
Your donation will have a direct impact on someone’s life:
• A donation of £5 could go towards a stocking filler gift for a child
• A donation of £10 could go towards a Christmas giftfor a young person
• To donation of £20 could go towards a Christmas gift for an older or vulnerable person living alone
• A donation of £25 could go towards a food voucher or hamper for an older or vulnerable resident living alone
• A donation of £35 could go towards a food voucher or hamper for a family
All donations, big or small, are gratefully received. We will be working with our
voluntary sector partners and local foodbanks to provide residents in need this
Christmas with gifts, food and vouchers.
If you work for a company and think they could make a larger donation, we’d also love to hear from you and can discuss including your company name in our
appeal. For more information please contact us.
Please spread the news about the campaign on social media using
#ChristmasCheer to help us gain as much support as possible.
Thank you Barking and Dagenham as ever, for your kindness and generosity.
To find out more about the campaign please visit lbbd.gov.uk/christmascheer
- Diane Sutton
- Rob Andrews
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more