My name is James Krishna Floyd and I am an actor. I have filmed in Sri Lanka for long periods of time over 3 years, playing Gabriel in the ITV drama series The Good Karma Hospital. I was very lucky to be introduced to Yasodara orphanage for girls in Galle, who I previously raised some money for in 2017.
Here is a clip from a visit when the girls taught me a local song:
Myself, Justin Peacock (head of Karuna - a registered Australian charity that will be accountable for all donations) and Aritha Wickramasinghe (Sri Lankan Human Rights activist/lawyer) are aiming to raise £5000 that will go directly to helping the girls from the orphanage.
Tragically the orphanage has been shut down during the global pandemic. The girls have been forced to live elsewhere and to fend for themselves. In these unstable times it has been especially hard on the already vulnerable girls. Being young and female with difficult home life conditions is extremely tough in a poor country like Sri Lanka.
Some of the girls were sent to other orphanages and we are sending supplies to these orphanages to help support them. Justin and his team visit these orphanages and take gifts for the girls who are there. Also for safety and security reasons, some of the more dependent girls had to be accommodated in boarding houses, that have costs.
Please donate kindly and ideally soon to support the girls. The current global crisis is making it harder for them. This is what your money will be used for:
- £10 ($13) - ‘Monthly Essentials’ for 1 girl - including costs for school supplies, bus journeys and school lunches.
- £10 ($13) - 1 ‘Care Kit’ for 1 girl - a bag with sanitary items, soaps, shampoos, clothes detergent, deodorant etc.
- £45 ($58) - Half a monthly class of ‘English Lessons’
- £62 ($80) - Full monthly class of ‘Swimming Lessons’
- £90 ($116) - Full monthly class of ‘English Lessons’
- More than the above - Anything more than £90 ($116) will be used for other essentials such as job training, computer lessons, personal computers, wifi and mobile phone costs.
- £200 ($260) or more - *Special one-on-one Zoom with James* - have a one-on-one Zoom video call with me. If you donate at least 200 British Pounds Sterling, I will have a personal video call with you, lasting 30 minutes.
- £200 ($260) or more - *Special one-on-one Zoom with Amrita Acharia* have a one-on-one Zoom video call with actor, Amrita Acharia, who plays Ruby in The Good Karma Hospital. The zoom will last 30 minutes.
- £200 ($260) or more - *Special one-on-one Zoom with Sagar Radia* have a one-on-one Zoom video call with actor, Sagar Radia, who plays AJ in The Good Karma Hospital. The zoom will last 30 minutes.
NB Depending on demand, there may be limited spaces for the zooms with actors. When you purchase a zoom please state in the comment section which actor you would like to chat to.
Peace and love to all.
From James K Floyd.
Your donation matters