Main fundraiser photo

Help Jason Heine rebuild after his medical scare.

Donation protected
On February 19th I woke up like normal but quickly didn't feel right. I began feeling extremely hot, and sweat started dripping off of me, then I felt dizzy. Moments later my hearing started to get muffled and then my vision went out. It's the last thing I remember, and I blacked out. Falling onto the bed backward (thankfully) I woke my girlfriend, Stephanie. She jumped out of bed in a panic attempting to wake me. I can't imagine how scared she was. I woke up to her above me, trying to wake me, and when I sat up, I felt like my body was disappearing (the best way I could describe it). This was something I have never experienced, and I knew I needed to go to the hospital.

After arriving at the Hospital, I was put in a room, where I was given an IV and nurses began to connect devices to monitor my heart, breathing, and other elements. I began to get hot again, dizzy and my hearing started to get muffled again. The last thing I remember saying was "Nurse, I don't feel right." Stephanie said my lips and face had zero color I blacked out a second time.

Luckily this time I was being monitored, and I had the aid of an entire ER room by my side. When I woke up, I had 2 more IV's in me, 5 doctors around me and more cables and pads attached to my chest than I could count. The nurse said my heart rate dropped to 31. A rate at which they were very concerned about.

After 8 hours of being monitored and running tests, doctors said I would be transported by ambulance to a hospital 30 minutes away that focuses specifically on the heart and brain.

Once I arrived at the heart hospital, I spoke to many doctors and nurses about my morning, reliving the moments in great detail. We discussed my life, habits, stresses, diet and family history. It was three days of tests, waiting for results, all while being the most scared I have ever been in my life. The extent of my visit consisted of 10 tests including MRI, EEG, Echo, EKG and many more.

In the end, doctors discharged me with "unidentified blackouts" with three months of recovery time. I am unable to drive a vehicle, use heavy machinery, I need to continue testing (brain) and need to be monitored closely for any repeat episodes during this time. This has caused great stress to Stephanie and me. I have been unable to work for the last month, and am forcing myself to return to work against doctors recommendations.

Then, while home resting, working on getting my life back to normal, trying to figure out how to overcome this challenge, the first hospital bill came in the mail, $16,000.00. That number is frightening. I thought that was my total bill for all services. However, this was only for the ER visit (I didn't know that yet). I decided to make a video, and ask for the community's assistance in any way they could.

Two weeks later another hospital bill comes, it's the total for both ER and Heart/Brain Hospital work $34,122,86 is the total. I do not have insurance to cover this cost, and I am making all attempts to apply for state and hospital assistance. However, when you have a physical home address (not homeless), have a full-time job and do make (although just slightly) above minimum wage, you don't qualify for these benefits. The level of difficulty I face trying to discuss my situation with someone at the Hospital and the state of AZ has been disheartening.

I have come to realize that, I am unable to handle this situation on my own. I am unable to handle this overwhelming debt. While not working for the last month, I have struggled to pay for food, bills and life necessities. (I really do live paycheck to paycheck), I can't do this on my own. My parents, out of the goodness of their hearts, drove from Oregon to Arizona and will live with Steph and me for the remainder of my recovery period. They are going to offer their car and assistance driving me to and from work, and be my ride when I need it. Stephanie has gone above and beyond caring for me while I recover. I will be spending the next two months recovering and getting back to my normal self. 

I don't expect to raise the full amount here. That total is more than most yearly salary. I am in need of any support you are willing to offer us. All money raised will go first and foremost to pay this medical bill. I do not want to file bankruptcy and do not want to be paying this off the rest of my life. I want to rise above this, pay it off and continue to live my life like before. Money raised will also help with transportation needs, and help cover some bills I have been unable to pay since not being able to work (electric, water, sewer utilities).

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I appreciate you all so much. Thank you for helping me get back on my feet during this difficult time.



  • Ken Sloan
    • $30 
    • 5 yrs


Jason Heine
Phoenix, AZ

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee