Main fundraiser photo

Help Vince & Adele express their gratitude to S & R Services

Donation protected
Hey, I'm Andrea.

I'm the Stampede City Ski Club President. We are fundraising for a long-time member - Vince Ohama. Almost anyone who has been a Club member over the past 8 years or so, knows Vince. Vince is the life of the party, but, he is also always the first one up the next morning ready to ski and guide those who follow, down the hill safely.

This past February Vince was off for another ski trip of a lifetime in Eastern Europe. He had been skiing in North Macedonia and was heading to his next destination. While making his way there he stopped near the town of Peja, City of Tourism, in Kosovo. It is here while rock climbing on February 21st, although fully decked out in all the required safety equipment, Vince suffered a severe head trauma on a Via Ferrata "Mati" route in Kosovo. Vince remained in the nearby Prishtina, Kosovo hospital, with Adele at his side caring for him, until late March when he was well enough to be medevaced by Air Ambulance back to the Red Deer Hospital. Vince now continues his recovery at Foothills Hospital in Calgary. Our thoughts, prayers, and well wishes go out to Vince and Adele during this very difficult time and we wish him a speedy recovery.

The Kosovo Mountain Search and Rescue Service, ShKShMK, was instrumental in Vince's rescue and quickly responded to and safely transported Vince to a nearby hospital. One volunteer member of that team in particular, Ilir Zhegrova, was exceptional in his kindness by providing additional support and translation services to Adele while she tended to Vince in hospital, and beyond. At Adele's and Vince's request, we will be collecting donations on their behalf to support volunteer Mountain Search and Rescue Organizations.

Please provide your financial support to these incredibly worthy volunteer organizations that rescued our SCSC member Vince Ohama. Vince may not be here today without their incredible bravery and quickness to provide medical aid. As you know, Vince is a fighter, and evidently miracles do happen, as he has defied all the odds to be here with us today. Once again, do support this cause on behalf of Vince and Adele and in support of those who volunteer their time to help others in need.

With great gratitude,
Stampede City Ski Club (SCSC)


p.s. Please note @98% of the money raised for this "GoFundMe" fundraiser will be collected by SCSC, and the fund distribution will be determined by Vince and Adele once it comes to a close in @ 30 days. The remaining 2 % will be absorbed in handling and administrative fees. The Club will not directly benefit financially.

Donations 

  • William Aitken
    • $100 
    • 26 d
  • Adele Ohama
    • $100 
    • 2 mos
  • Shawna Quast
    • $100 
    • 2 mos
  • Adele Ohama
    • $150 
    • 2 mos
  • Jacquie Neve
    • $50 
    • 2 mos

Fundraising team: Vince & Adele - SCSC Team (2)

Andrea Svenningson
Organizer
Calgary, AB
Jodi Gingras
Team member

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee