The situation is dire for nearly all small retail businesses.
The Greater Haverhill Chamber is announcing the creation of a new program: #HaverhillLocal. 25% discount off purchases from participating businesses , applied at checkout, on top of anything else the business might be offering to sweeten the deal. (Discount limited to purchases up to $100.)
Like our $4$ Restaurant Gift Card program, #HaverhillLocal is designed to create financial incentives for people to buy goods and services from small businesses in desperate need of income. This is available to any small business in Haverhill and any Chamber small businesses outside of Haverhill.
Here's how it works:
1. A growing number of local businesses are setting up online pages on our website's market platform .
2. You, the customer, contact a participating business. Mention the Chamber's #HaverhillLocal program. The biz will apply the discount on the spot. As a customer, you only deal with the business. Easy! And if the biz is offering some other incentive, double bonus!
3. The Chamber reimburses the business.
Here's how you can help:
1. Donate to this fund using this GoFundMe page. It's easy to use and will allow us to keep the program running.
2. Go shopping! We're gathering all participating local businesses on our HaverhillChamber.com website. We will use this fund to provide for a 25% discount off the retail price of anything purchased from participating businesses. You get the savings right upfront. The businesses send the Chamber receipts after and we cut them a check for the discount.
3. Help us spread the word about this program and encourage your favorite local biz to register if they're not on our site yet.
4. Shop #HaverhillLocal
Every dollar matters. Our city needs to do everything to ensure that they have a business to reopen when we get through this difficult time.
Our restaurant program has helped to drive more than $50K into local restaurants. Our hope is that we can offer similar support to the many other small businesses that are struggling to survive throughout Haverhill. The Greater Haverhill Chamber has seeded this fund with $2,500. We're now looking for others in the community to help grow the pot.
One more thing: Like our gift card restaurant program, we are building this program from scratch. It's an experiment. We hope to see people support this effort both by shopping through our online platform, as well as by donating to the fund that will provide the funds needed to cover the 25% discount.
Please email us with any questions. Thank you and stay safe!
Dougan, Kate, Melissa and Hillary
The Greater Haverhill Chamber Team
DonationsSee top donations
- Nancy Leefe
- Matthew Juros
- Kim and Ron Lawson
- Melissa Seavey
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more