Bear Blessings Soul Cards Funding
My name is Susan Lind-Kanne. I’m owner of Bear Blessings Soul Cards, a company focused on expressing loving, supportive friendships and aiding individuals who are in transition, on a spiritual path or recovering from grievous losses.
Bear Blessings is dedicated primarily to the work of one of the Episcopal Church’s feminist movement members, Alla Renée Bozarth, one of the Philadelphia Eleven, who were the history-making women who became the first female Episcopal priests in 1974. Dr. Bozarth holds a doctorate in performing arts from Northwestern University and is a certified Gestalt therapist.
Bear Blessings sells a majority of Dr. Bozarth’s poetry/prose books, cards I have designed, highlighting many of Dr. Bozarth’s poems, and a line of note cards featuring my own artwork. Bear Blessings also offers creations by a talented young feminist, Carley Huxley. Carley’s creations speak to a younger audience and their unique pressures.
Soul Cards are different from usual, store-rack greeting cards; therefore I wasn’t able to establish a niché for their distribution back in 2000 when I started Bear Blessings. In 2016, recognizing our current political state of affairs, I sensed this may be the time for Bear Blessings. People seem to be filled with fear and confusion; many are suffering from a variety of maladies and a need to find their voice, inspiration and encouragement. Alla’s poetry and Bear Blessings Soul Cards can provide the perfect way to offer words of hope.
I founded Bear Blessings Soul Cards in 2000. At that time, Bear Blessings was a wonderful idea, but without the social media outlet there is today, it never really took off. Advertising was too expensive for my meager budget. In February 2016, I launched the web store, www.BearBlessings.com .
Why am I turning to you for help?
1. I would like to purchase the rough stock needed for production: card stock, ink, art supplies, computer upgrades and a professional grade color/high volume copier/printer if anyone has used equipment to offer to this endeavor, that would be welcome and I would arrange for transport.
2. I would like to purchase a supply of Alla’s books from her publishers and seek out other ways to spread the message – shopping bags, mugs, a calendar, etc.
3. I would like to create an advertising campaign promoting Bear Blessings nationally, through internet marketing programs.
4. I would like to open up opportunities to other women poets who have poetry they may want to put into cards.
5. Alla has 14 unpublished books. We would like to begin publishing them. I receive requests from customers asking how to get Alla's unpublished books. Funding will help us make that happen.
Unpublished Books by Dr. Bozarth:
Winterfire-The Rebirth of Love
My Passion for Art
Postcards from Paradise
Falling in Love with Fire
Falling in Love with Light
Kissed by Lightening and Left for Dead
Learning to Dance in Limbo
My Blessed Misfortunes
Diamonds in a Stony Field
The Frequencies of Sound
The Frequency of Light
6. Finally, I would like to concentrate full-time on building up Bear Blessings. I need assistance for living expenses as I focus on Bear Blessings, True to the American dream, Bear Blessings will thrive and allow this woman to help others. I want to focus on making sure people who are seeking aid and inspiration discover Bear Blessings and its resources.
Please help me be successful!
PS: Included in my plans is a calendar for 2018. Anyone who donates will receive a Bear Blessings' calendar and six cards of your choice.
I'd like to share some of Bear Blessings Soul Cards and Dr. Bozarth's books.