- We identify for you a family that is suffering deeply from the drought in one village in Somalia
- You commit to give $25 per month to this family until the end of the drought. You will be paired with 2 more donors and together provide $75 per month to this family, which covers their basic vital needs.
- Those $75 are sent directly to the person's phone (Somalis have been using mobile payment for over 10 years and every store accepts it). 100% of your 25$ will end up on the person's phone
- This means no middlemen between you and the person you help. Not even us!
- To allow the people to send you something back, we've distributed 21 Smartphones in the village (that Samsung generously gave us) and we installed the internet in the village !!
- We are right now teaching 21 of the habitants how to take photos and use Facebook. They will he soon the official "village journalist", ready to update you on the situation and the impact of your donation
- After your donation, when we will have found the 1005 donors, you will receive a picture of the person you are helping and will be able to interact together on social media.
Our chance here is to build a new model of humanitarian.
where 100% of the money goes directly to the person that needs it.
where people have the pride to buy their own food
where people have the opportunity to give back to you through stories/photos shared with you.
Note that this village has already lost many of its people from the drought. Mostly children.
Soon, with you, the village will have enough food & water to sustain itself until the end of the drought.
On behalf of all the Love Army.
And of your future new friends...
This picture was taken by one of the villagers :)
PS: - You will be able to cancel the monthly payment at any times directly on GoFundme. To get a tax receipt for your donation, please email [email redacted]
PPS: For those of you who already donated, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TRUST! We will be back in the village in a couple of days to connect you all to your new Somali friend.
PPS: Love Army is now a 501(c)(3) charity and will be managing funds directly as of 2/6/19.
- Oussama Romdhane
- Simone Marie Hoppler
- Lola Sourd
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more