Support Dedicated Volunteers for Africa
Support Volunteers in South Africa
Volunteer Eco Students Abroad (VESA) is a non profit organization working directly with indigenous village communities to create a real and sustainable change.Volunteers will work in conjunction with the villagers and the village chief in addressing the major issues faced by the village and the local schools such as a lack of fresh running water, dilapidated schools and generally poor infrastructure
We would appreciate donations of any amount, which will enable us to participate in this vital community development program.
Your donations will directly facilitate and offset the costs of :
- A Major community development project
- Building materials
- Hiring local skilled trades people to supervise and assist in the building projects
- Donations to local organizations
- Educating the community on matters of conservation, sustainability, health/hygiene and English proficiency.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for us to make a difference donating our time and energy into volunteering overseas this summer. The Program costs up to $4000 CAD per volunteer when including transportation costs so if you are able to help, even in the smallest way it would be greatly appreciated!
Funds will be needed 45 days prior to the beginning of the project ( by MARCH 18th 2019) to allocate sufficient time for planning.
Role of Volunteers
Our Volunteer work will entail:
- Working with children in schools and crèches teaching English and basic sanitation, hygiene and nutrition through games and activities
- Renovate and revitalise any run-down facilities with fresh coats of paint, new play equipment etc.
- Construction of bathrooms and kitchens in the school and orphanage
- Building of sustainable farming units to allow for families and, in particular, single mothers to start a micro business and to secure an income for their family
Every volunteer will complete a minimum of 40 hours of hands on community based volunteer work.
- Observation, population monitoring, capture and release of crocodiles as well as general maintenance, renovation and cleaning of the enclosures at the Saint Lucia Crocodile Centre
-Working with Cheetahs and other african cats in a rehabilitation, breeding and release program
Other ways to help
1. Help us spread the word ! Use this link to share on social media (Facebook timeline, Instragram or Snapchat Stories, Direct messages) and email.
2. Come out to one of our upcoming exciting fundraising events we will be hosting!
3. You can Donate Items!
For Children/creche: Warm clothing blankets, shoes/sandals, stickers, small games (ages 1 year to 5 years) stuffed animals, dolls.
For Adults: Shoes, long sleeve shirts, beanies.
For School: English novels, work books, pens/pencils/erasers/sharpeners, sports balls, sporting equipment, skipping ropes, old school books and tooth brushes.
Thank you for all the support you will be making a real difference in both the lives of the families and children of Khula Village, and to us volunteers!
For more information on the VESA program please visit www.vesabroad.com