Thank you so much for viewing this fundraiser to Support Tschan.
We really hope that people can share this widely, as we understand not everyone is able to donate, and please know that donations of any amount are deeply appreciated!
Tschan is a writer, activist and former model. Her work as a public figure and public speaker has been focused supporting our community and tirelessly advocating for those living at the most vulnerable intersections of marginalised identity.
You can view her TedXUCL Talk here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L7RBSzm0TY
She is a young, black trans woman, currently homeless, who lives with severe PTSD and other medical conditions as a result of transphobic violence. Regardless of her experiences, anyone who knows Tschan will tell you she is kind-hearted, positive and deeply invested in creating a collective future for our community and supporting others in any way she can.
Tschan is in need of intensive financial support to give her the safety and stability she deserves.
Tschan moved to a new city four months ago, intending to further her education with a university course. After being unable to find safe accommodation, she found herself homeless, without money and without support.
She was promised financial aid by a LGBTQ+ housing trust, who then cut her off by ignoring her until she no longer qualified for their 16-25 age bracket support scheme. Having found relatively secure employment, Tschan was then abruptly fired after being outed by transphobic colleagues and was not paid the entirety of what she was owed.
Tschan is currently relying on the generosity of strangers to host her for 3-4 nights at a time, and on donations to her PayPal for basic needs such as food, travel to different hosts' houses and emergency housing appointments.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
How You Can Support Tschan
We are trying to raise £3500 to cover practical necessities such as housing and food, as well as to provide some measure of financial security that will increase and support Tschan's wellbeing.
- £475 urgently, to pay off a water bill debt and subsequent court costs from a house she left in 2016, fraudulently put in Tschan's name by threatening and physically abusive housemates.
- At least £1000 for deposit and initial rent for a safe, supportive home environment.
- £1000 to act as Tschan's savings and a safety net in case of emergency.
- £650 to cover Tschan's basic needs in the upcoming months: food, water and medication.
- £250 to cover a month or so of travel expenses: Tschan has traumatic experiences of violent harrassment and stalking. When travelling at night, she needs to take taxis for her safety.
(Note: We have made £3750 our target in order to cover what Paypal charges.)
Any leftover funds will go towards Tschan's gender confirmation surgery which you can also donate to here: https://uk.gofundme.com/tschanffs
Thank you again for viewing this fundraiser and supporting Tschan.