7
7

Hats & Glove For The Needy

$260 of $5,000 goal

Raised by 6 people in 38 months
Tammy Simpson
for Shoulder To Shoulder Inc
 ERLANGER, KY
Scarf It Up For Those In Need is a program that gathers and distributes handmade scarves to inner city youth, homeless, the elderly and others in need.  Why Handmade? The scarves are handmade to show that someone cares for the recipient. Just like any handmade item, a lot of time and care goes into it and many of these people who receive these scarves need someone to love and care for them.  In 2014 Scarf It Up gathered and distributed almost 11,000 handmade scarves with hats and gloves to agencies in the Tri-State area who serve the poor and needy. We anticipate needing more than 13,000 this year.
Scarf It Up is a 100% donation and volunteer organization, as the need for our scarves increases so does the need for hats & gloves. Scarf It Up raises 75% of the funds needed to purchase hats & gloves with our annual fall kickoff event; the other 25% comes from grants and private donations. This year’s event raised only 65% and grant funding was limited, all agencies in the area are experiencing the same increase in individuals in need, making competition for funds greater than ever. This is why we are asking for your help.

 Scarf It Up For Those In Need has provided handmade scarves with hats and gloves to children in the Covington and Newport School Districts. The Family Resource Centers in these schools have come to depend on us each year to help provide these basic winter necessities for their students. Each year Scarf It Up receives calls or letters from the Coordinators thanking us for them.  Several years ago one of the Family Resource Coordinators from Covington called to thank us but to also tell us how important our handmade scarves and hats and gloves were to these children.

It was the day after the scarves, hats and gloves had been distributed to the children. There is no bus service so the children walk to school. It was an extremely cold day, a little boy had on his new hat, gloves and handmade scarf but no coat. As the students were walking up the stairs into the building a teacher asked him where his coat was. He said “it’s not my turn” the teacher said “what do you mean it’s not your turn” he said “it’s not my turn to wear the coat today.”  The little boy explained to the teacher that he had two brothers and they took turns wearing the coat. 

Sometimes our handmade scarves, hats and gloves are the only things that keep these children and others in need warm. Can you please help us?

Check us out at www,scarfitup.org
or join us on Facebook www.facebook.com/ScarfItUpForThoseInNeed
+ Read More
Please help Scarf It Up provide hats & gloves to go with our handmade scarves.
$10.00 Can Provide 10 people with a hat or pair of gloves
$25.00 Can provide 25 people with a hat & pair of gloves
$100.00 Can Provide 100 people with a hat & pair of gloves
Or provide Ski Gloves for the homeless at $5.00 a pair
+ Read More
Be the first to leave a comment on this campaign.

$260 of $5,000 goal

Raised by 6 people in 38 months
Created October 26, 2015
Funds raised will benefit:
Shoulder To Shoulder Inc
Certified Charity
+ Learn More
Erlanger, KY
EIN: 320175695
How it Works
  1. You make a donation using a PayPal account or a credit/debit card to PayPal Giving Fund (a 501(c)(3) charitable organization).
  2. After the deduction of payment processing fees, PayPal Giving Fund delivers the funds it receives to the chosen charity on a monthly basis.*
* If, after reasonable efforts, PayPal Giving Fund cannot deliver donations to this charity, the funds may be donated to another charity per PayPal Giving Fund’s policies.
Your share could be bringing in donations. Sign in to track your impact.
   Connect
We will never post without your permission.
In the future, we'll let you know if your sharing brings in any donations.
We weren't able to connect your Facebook account. Please try again later.
SB
$25
Susan Brady
38 months ago

I hope you raise a lot

JK
$25
Julie King
38 months ago

Hi Tammy glad to see still giving out hats and gloves!

TS
$50
Theresa Sebree
38 months ago

Truly a great cause!

Be the first to leave a comment on this campaign.
or
Use My Email Address
By continuing, you agree with the GoFundMe
terms and privacy policy
There's an issue with this Campaign Organizer's account. Our team has contacted them with the solution! Please ask them to sign in to GoFundMe and check their account. Return to Campaign

Are you ready for the next step?
Even a $5 donation can help!
Donate Now Not now
Connect on Facebook to keep track of how many donations your share brings.
We will never post on Facebook without your permission.