Support Historic Palmer Cemetery
Palmer Cemetery, also known as The Kensington Burial Grounds, was founded sometime in the 1730's. Originally a small piece of ground was set aside for people from the original town of Kensington to be buried. Anthony Palmer laid out the town of Kensington about 1732, after purchasing land known as the Fairman Estate. Over the years, the cemetery has grown some. Since 1765, when the formal trust was established, the cemetery has been managed by members of the community as "Volunteer Trustees". The cemetery is Not for Profit, and survives on the generosity of the community. The cemetery is not a perpetual care site. Please help us care for the cemetery by making a donation.
The History of Our Community lies within the fences of Palmer Cemetery. Please help us preserve that history.
The Trustees of Palmer Cemetery Fishtown, in Philadelphia PA.