HELP PROJECT ONE REACH HHI WORLDS!
My name is Chippy Lo and I am the Studio Director and Manager at Project Beats Dance Studio in Canberra, Australia.
We are Canberra's only street dance studio that teaches real Hip Hop culture.
I'd like to introduce to you our amazing varsity dance crew, Project One.
Project One have qualified to represent Australia (and Canberra!) at the World Hip Hop Dance Championship (HHI) held in Pheonix, Arizona (U.S.A) from the 5th - 11th of August 2018.
They will get the chance to compete against other crews from 50 other countries in the world, and we are asking for your help to make their dreams come true.
Project One is a 9 member dance crew which have danced together since 2016.
The ages of the members in the crew range between 16 to 17, with most of them turning 18 this year (2018).
The crew are dedicated not only to dance and improving their skills as a crew, but are also dedicated to one another.
They promote open communication amongst the crew and actively meet up outside of the studio to watch a movie, have sleep overs and go out for breakfast.
Not only do they dedicate their evenings to dance, but they also juggle college, family, friends and casual work.
Project Beats is insanely proud of Project One's efforts and we could not have asked for a better crew who genuinely enjoy being together.
But don't take my word for it, just watch the video below and you'll see why we absolutely love them!
Our other fundraising efforts at the moment include:
- Holding a benefit show to raise funds.
- Selling Project Beats merchandise.
- Sausage sizzles.
- Busking on the street.
- Approaching bigger businesses (for example, our local Nike store) for possible sponsorship.
- Fundraising dance workshops taught by Project One members.
- Writing up tenders for Government grants.
However, we are actively trying to think of other ways to raise money.
The money raised will go towards paying for the whole team (all 9 members & their coach), which include:
- Return flights.
- Accomodation and transportation for the length of the dance competition (5th - 11th of August 2018).
- Uniforms for each crew member to wear for their performance at the competition.
- Registration fees to enter the competition.
- Everyday food items to sustain them during the trip.
This opportunity for Project One does not come around very often, so we want to make this a reality for them.
All donations are welcome and will be received with deep gratitude.
Every dollar counts. There is no such thing as a small amount!
Any sponsorships are also welcome.
If you have any questions, please email us or call the studio on (02) 6101 0975.
Thank you so very much in advance for your generous donations.