Give and Get Smart
Get Smart Mentoring is holding itself accountable to prepare young people to thrive in an uncertain world. If you know us, you know we mean business and we do what we say we are going to do...and then some! We are a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization with a mission to provide programs and services that mentor young women to be AUTHENTIC COMPASSIONATE LEADERS.
Who we are:
Stephanie Licata & Alexa Maniaci
- Women from two separate families that instilled in both of us a similar unstoppable work ethic, desire to serve others, and a clear vision of how to make things happen!
- A former teacher and student duo who said they would run an organization together 7 years ago and then followed through (see above "make things happen").
Why we are different:
- With an entrepreneurial spirit, we are training a core group of young women in a mentoring model to build a successful non-profit organization.
- We have a team of over 25 young women ages 16-27 helping us to get the word out! They are writers, social media experts, teachers, students, speakers, and believers in our mission!
Our Current Projects Include:
- Active intern program with college students to teach positive use of social media, writing, blogging, team leadership, communication skills, and mentoring skills.
- Coordination of young women using social media for good through our online magazine, weekly emails, and mentoring social media campaigns.
- Speaking and training of young women and co-ed audiences in organizational and educational settings.
Our past projects include:
- Weekly mentoring of 7th and 8th grade girls in Jersey City during the school day.
- In-home motivational mentoring events for tweens and teens
-Workshops with local Girl Scouts and Ramapo College Greek Life Leadership
Our long-term goals include:
- Increased offering of programs that mentor young women ages 12-25 in the areas of character and leadership development and career advancement.
- Co-Ed presentations and workshops that empower young women to work together positively through effective communication and mutual respect.
- Leadership training and development for schools, colleges, and organizations.
- Mentoring program consultation for schools and organizations
- Volunteer opportunities and internships for young women in the NY/NJ/CT tri state area.
- Scholarships for young women making a difference in their communities.
Help us meet our first year goal so we can grow our programs and reach thousands of new young people!
Gifts of $1000 and above include complimentary get smart services and events to be used by schools, organizations, or business of your choice. For more information please call 201-632-3090.
***We are currently 501(c)(3) pending. Upon approval of our application to the IRS, your gift would become tax deductible. Our approval would be retroactive, making any gifts tax deductible made after our incorporation date of September 2013.
Please check out our website for more information!
Stephanie Licata & Alexa Maniaci
Co-Founders, Get Smart Mentoring
Meet the young women from our last in-school mentoring program. We shared the love of giving back with them and they made this special video for children assisted by Project Ladybug, an organization that eases the struggles of children with cancer and their families.