Fr. Aristibule's Vestment Fund
Fr. Aristibule Adams was ordained to the priesthood on February 22, 2017 and is serving St. Brendan Orthodox Mission in northwest Florida. His ordination was arranged just a few weeks in advance, and the mission does not yet have the resources to purchase what is needed. A friend has graciously lent him a set of purple vestments to use during Lent, but Fr. Aristibule will need his own vestments as well as various church supplies for the mission.
What is needed?
- Western vestments (traditional style - full Gothic, semi-Gothic, conical, 'Beckett style'). A friend has a complete set of Western chasubles, stoles, and maniples for the year (in white, red, green, purple, Sarum blue) that he is selling for $1600. See below.
We wouldn't turn down a gold /yellow, gray/cinder/ash, black, Marian blue, or rose/pink set either - we keep the Sarum customs as we can. We could also use a Cope (or Copes). A red one is the one that would be most needed.
- A Stable Missal Stand that can accommodate a 3 ring binder / large altar missal is the most important immediate thing we still need.
- Gospel Book - St. Cuthbert's Orthodox parish has one for our Western Orthodox use published on Lulu.com
- Candle Lighter / Snuffer
- Sick Call Kit and Purple Stole / Epitrachelion
- Eastern Rite Vestments (for attending diocesan events, regional visits of the bishops, concelebrating at Eastern rite parishes) - Russian style preferably, so he can bring the appropriate vestments as directed. The estimated cost is about $2800 (closer to $3050 with the fees from GoFundMe taken out) plus shipping.
- Iliton to keep the antimins in
- Euchologion / Trebnik in English after the Russian use, and / or the Orthodox Ritual from St. Gregory the Great Orthodox parish in Washington DC (on Lulu.com )
- Beeswax Paschal Candle and Nails
- Paschal Candlestick
- Processional Lamps
- Folding Lectern / Gospel Stand (scissor frame)
- Music Stands
- Linens - We have only one altar frontal, though our portable altar, I think, is of an odd small size. But altar clothes, altar linens, covers for icon stands, lecterns, etc. are something we could always use.
We have plenty of incense thanks to Abbot David (Pierce) of blessed memory.
If you have an item you would like to donate, please contact Fr. Aristibule through this site or the mission email. Fr. Aristibule and the people of St. Brendan's appreciate your prayers and any contribution you would like to make towards this worthy effort.
Mission website: http://saintbrendanoss.blogspot.com/
Mission Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SaintBrendanOrthodox/