We will first focus on the most pressing needs of victims of the recent tornadoes in Nashville, Cookeville, and surrounding areas. Once we have addressed all of the immediate needs of the tornado victims we will turn our support efforts to credit unions, their employees and families negatively impacted by COVID-19.
Please consider donating to the GoFundMe campaign we have established. Funds will be distributed to those most in need. Credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives. We are built on the philosophy of People Helping People! We want to help all of the hardworking credit union employees in TN continue to serve their communities. We don't want any of them to have to sacrifice their own needs to make sure the people in the communities they live in continue to have access to important financial services.
Funds donated will be used in the following order:
1. To provide small asset size credit unions access to funds to meet essential operational needs and insurance deductibles to ensure operations are not interrupted. Nashville, Tennessee has credit unions with as few as $1.3 million in assets.
2. To provide assistance to employees of credit unions and their families to help them rebuild and sustain their lives. Our goal is to ensure credit unions are fully staffed and able to provide essential financial services to the communities they serve. This might include helping with daycare bills, groceries, medical needs, and insurance deductibles.
3. To provide funds to organizations in the impacted communities to help meet day to day living needs and to ensure members of the community have the tools necessary to rebuild and maintain their lives.
Contributions to the Tennessee Credit Union Relief Fund will be distributed based on the needs of our credit unions, their employees, and their members at the discretion of the TN CU Social Good Committee as needs arise. The TN CU Social Good Committee is an appointed committee comprised of credit union representatives of the TN Credit Union League. The administration of the fund and distributions will be managed by the Tennessee Credit Union League. Donations to this fund are not tax-deductible.
DonationsSee top donations
- ORNL Federal Credit Union
- Debbie Jones UT Federal Credit Union
- Volunteer Corporate
- Janice Welch
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more