What's up: On January 16, TVP will celebrate our 8 year anniversary. This milestone has me thinking a lot about what I want the next 8 years to look like. How can we do more?
I present: The Validation Project Community Fellow Program.
The plan: to spend the Spring working with a few of our Program Collaborators to grow our current programs, and launch new initiatives to make the next 8 years as full of youth power as possible.
Some of the things we want to work on:
1. Treehouse, our virtual center for young people: leading 2 monthly workshops and social activities
2. Popcorn Pop-Ups: virtual free film screenings & panel discussions for K-16 students
3. Program Collaborators 2.0: Creating a new initiative for college students to have paid/for-credit placements at our programs to make sure youth are at the forefront of all the work we do
4. Building our BIPOC Youth Activist Grant Program: Growing our capacity to support BIPOC youth activists via micro-grants.
4. Taking our pilot programs to the next level: Over the past 4 years, we’ve launched an emotional learning program for middle schoolers and co-led a college prep program in the Lehigh Valley, PA. Now, we want to grow those programs and offer them on the national level, free and accessible to students across the United States.
Can you help make this dream come true?