12 year old Raghu and his Mum Suman, are currently homeless in Ahmedabad, India. They live together at the end of a footpath on the side of a road.
She became homeless six years ago when her husband sadly passed away. This was made worse by an unfortunate accident, where she lost her right hand.
Suman struggles has problems walking and needs medical assistance. She also has a problem in one of her eyes that needs urgent medical attention.
With only one hand, she has struggled to find enough work to support herself and her young boy. She survives by doing basic tailoring work on the street for small change.
In the UK we have support systems in place to make sure that children have shelter. Raghu doesn’t have that. He sleeps outside with his Mum at the end of a footpath, where they’re vulnerable to predators and the elements.
This family needs a little human kindness to help get back on their feet. Let’s work together to get this family into a safe, warm home and help this young boy get an education to better his chances in life.
Suman has an elder Son who lives nearby, but has no resources to help her. We’d like to get little Raghu and his Mother into an apartment nearby the elder Son, so that he can support them with day to day things, within his capabilities.
We want to raise enough money to:
· find a rental apartment for them which has kitchen facilities, heating and hot water. (approx. £60 per month) and cover the rent for at least twelve months
· Cover basic utility and living expenses for the same period
· provide them both with basic furniture, utensils and food
· buy clean clothes & shoes for them both.
· To provide access to a Doctor & Dentist for a check-up and any medicine they need.
· help Suman Ben find some work or access welfare to secure a source of income.
· help Raghu enrol in school and catch up on his missed education.
· Pay a trusted local person with use of a car to transport them to various appointments to facilitate the above things.
We’d like to raise at least £5,000 for this family. Please dig deep and help us turn this heart-breaking tale into a success story. Little Raghu and his Mum are counting on us.
Thank you everyone – every penny counts.
DonationsSee top donations
- Margaret Spector
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more