Irma Relief St.Maarten (shinecity)

My name is Matthew Bell, and I am a broadcast Journalism Senior at Florida A & M University.  I am also the owner of the Tallahassee, Florida based video production company, "Shine City Media Group." I was born and raised on the island of St. Maarten. As the world may know by now, the island has been completely devastated. Airways and Sea transportation is currently down at the moment. The most immediate form of relief i can think of is financially. I am asking for any type of donation, the smallest amount could help. My home has some damage, as well as my parents vehicles which are also damaged. Aside from my family, our island is in turmoil and in need of dire assistance. I will have a link to my t-shirts within the next two days, where all purchases will go toward the Shine City Irma Relief Fund. I plan on allocating 10% toward the damages my family is now dealing with, and the other 90% will go to a certified grassroots based organization on the island as well as the purchasing of dry food, toiletries and water. The 90% will be split 50% (going towards the purchasing of those goods) and 40%( covers shipping costs, misc fees etc, family relief). There are also many other funds that you can donate to as well, but with this fund I intend on making sure it reaches the people, rather than dissipate in an unregulated manner. As soon as transportation in and out of the island is up then we can do more in terms of getting there physically.  Follow my instagram to keep in touch personally at @shinecity37, or email Thank you for your time, donations and your hearts.

@ShineCity37

Donations

 See top
  • Rich/Karen Rochette 
    • $100 
    • 42 mos
  • Ron/Audrey Renski 
    • $100 
    • 42 mos
  • Carol Marcotte 
    • $50 
    • 42 mos
  • Debra and Gary Pember 
    • $250 
    • 42 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 42 mos
See all

Organizer

Matthew Bell 
Organizer
Tallahassee, FL
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more