SHE IS HOPE LA Website
Real Estate Website
SHE IS HOPE LA - Single Moms, Housing & Empowerment Inspiring Self-Confidence (through) Hope, Opportunity, Perseverance & Education Los Angeles.
Single mothers in Los Angeles are in crisis. A majority of single mothers are usually left with little or no credit, money or support and have few places to turn that are dedicated to the unique needs and challenges they face. SHE IS HOPE LA was started to bridge the gap in services that currently exist to help single moms move beyond poverty and and give them a new hope, a new direction and a new purpose.
We found staggering statistics to show that we need to start helping our local single mothers now! In LA County alone:
* 25% of single mother households fall below the poverty line.
* 52% of single mother households with toddlers and school age children fall below the poverty line.
* 32.5% of single mother households with school age children fall below the poverty line.
80% of children in LAUSD qualify for free or reduced lunch. From the above stats this would logically mean that approximately 40% of children in LAUSD who qualify for free or reduced lunch are from families with single mothers.
SHE IS HOPE LA is starting two major initiatives to help nurture and empower single mothers to transition back into the workplace.
1. Education: A broad-based education curriculum that will consist of financial skills training, legal advice from attorneys, preparation for resumes and job interviews, computer basics, communication skills, mind/body wellness, assistance with helping kids adapt and support groups. These courses will be available both via webinars and in-person classes.
2. SHE IS HOPE LA Thrift Store. SIHLA Thrift Store is designed to provide job and management opportunities as well as basic needs at a low cost. These work-life skills will be critical to getting single mothers back on their feet.
This is where we need your assistance. Our startup costs for the educational curriculum are approximately $5,000, and for the Thrift Store they are $10,000. It is a lot to take on – and yet single moms in our own city are in great need of help. Would you please consider making a donation for each of these important initiatives? Any amount helps!
Educational fund: $500 [ ] $250 [ ] $100 [ ] $50 [ ] $25 [ ] Other $_____
Thrift Store fund: $500 [ ] $250[ ] $100 [ ] $50 [ ] $25 [ ] Other $_____
This campaign will help us get our curriculums started, cover the basics to open the thrift store and cover deposits for the venue and services for our first fundraiser coming up in early November. Any amount is appreciated - thank you!
SHE IS HOPE LA is a non-profit 501©(3) organization Tax ID #83-2159039.
Please see our websites for further information at: www.sheishopela.org which also offers 3 ebooks including Single Mom's Survival Guide, Credit Repair Tips and Eating Healthy With Children On A Budget. The real estate website can be found at www.sheishoperealty.com.
Thank you in advance for supporting our local single mothers. We hope to see you at our next event!