Our State Office on Dequetteville Terrace, Kent Town consists of The Club, housed in the 1854 bluestone villa, a ‘home away from home’ for members and the public, and our purpose built administration building, Mary Walker House. Built in the 1960’s by Phillip Earle Scott, a significant Adelaide architect, Mary Walker House is our central hub where members gather in friendship and support to discuss, plan, learn and create. It is the practical heart and face of the SACWA.
We need a new Face. We need a new Verandah. We have an amount set aside in our Verandah Fund but in the tradition of all good building projects, it is not enough.
It seems particularly appropriate in our 90th year, as we continue to embrace and support city and country women across the state when social disconnection affects so many, from youth to the aged, that we should be bringing the very face of the SACWA into the 21st century.
SACWA is committed to providing at least another 90 years of service to South Australia.