Main fundraiser photo

Ryan's Cross-Canada Run

Donation protected
Hi, my name is Ryan and I'm an Ultra Marathon runner from Halifax, Nova Scotia. Often when discussing my passion for racing with others, I am asked about what inspires me. My answer: the greatest Canadian of all time, Terry Fox. Terry attempted a challenge that most would never dream of and I want to use the inspiration he provided me and attempt my own seemingly impossible challenge.

The challenge: run across Canada in under 100 days. With a distance of 7386km to cover, I'll have to run 75km a day for 99 days, pushing the limits of what I once thought was possible. I will be starting the journey in St.John's, NL on April 1st and will end in Victoria, BC.

Just like my hero, Terry, had a reason for his journey across the country, so do I. His reason was to raise funds and awareness for the disease that touched him and my reason is not dissimilar. Many of my family members including my dad and grandfathers have been affected by heart disease. Recently both of my siblings have tested positive for the gene causing these heart issues. As a result, I hope to raise funds and awareness through my own run across Canada for the Heart & Stroke Foundation to help other families like mine, who are touched by heart disease.

The majority of the funds raised (80%) will go to The Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada to be used towards improving diagnosis, care, and support for heart disease patients. The remaining 20% of funds will be used for expenses incurred throughout the coast to coast run. Proof of donation to the foundation will be provided upon completion of the run.

If you aren't able to donate, there are other ways you can help. Spread the word by telling friends and family about the event or sharing my posts on Social Media. It would also be great to see you come out as I pass through your city.

Thank you and don't forget to Flip The Switch!!


Ryan Keeping
Dartmouth, NS

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee