That’s our "hello". Easy, isn't it?)
• What is the Rainbow Pierogi contingent?
We are open-minded, fun-loving Polish LGBTQ+ members and allies from the San Francisco Bay Area. We love being our joyful selves and empowering others to live their lives on their own terms. No to homophobia, yes to kindness!
[Rainbow Pierogi 2017, photos: Agata Lach Photography
Our contingent made an appearance for the very first time at San Francisco Pride in 2017, and as a result of our previous GoFundMe campaigns, it enabled us to be more visible than we previously thought was possible.
In 2017 we handed out 1000 Rainbow Pierogi stickers + postcards about Miłość Nie Wyklucza
(Love Does Not Exclude), a non-profit organization committed to introducing marriage equality in Poland, and in 2018 we raised over $900 [!!!] that we donated to three different Polish non-profits concentrating in LGBTQ+ issues. We might be small, but can still make a difference.
A lot of folks can't imagine not starting off their Pride celebrations without marching down with us so we can't - and won't - let down! • What are the funds being raised for?
•$145; San Francisco Pride Registration, Cleaning Fee
•$70; Insurance Liability [required]
• $50, Facebook Ads
• $100; Postcards
• $135; Gadgets (stickers, button pins, etc.)
[We purchased our banner + a variety of flags last year so those costs don't need to be factored in.]
That adds up to $500 in concrete organizational costs, that we need to cover in order to reach as wide of an audience as possible. We can make this money go a long way.
If we exceed our $500 minimum, we'll raise the remainder of the fund to Polish non-profits, dealing with LGBTQ+ issues (Ex. Kampania Przeciw Homofobii
, Miłość Nie Wyklucza
, Wolontariat Równości, Lambda
, Instytut Równości
, Fundacja Trans-Fuzja
etc.) • Will there be free t-shirts as last year?
We haven't yet decided, but if that'll be the case we'll let you know via our social media channels: • What if I can't afford to donate, can I still participate?
TAK! (that's 'yes' in polish). We will not turn anyone away from joining us. In fact, you don't have to be Polish to be part of the contingent; everyone is welcome! • Questions?
Hit us up via our fan page: https://www.facebook.com/rainbowpierogi/
or via firstname.lastname@example.org + Press mentions +
- InnPoland: http://martazucker.innpoland.pl/135637,sfpride-2017-marsz-rownosci-w-san-francisco-miliony-uczestnikow-po-raz-pierwszy-reprezentacja-polski
- Queer.pl: https://queer.pl/news/199665/polacy-na-san-francisco-pride-kod-polonia
- Ruch KOD: https://www.ruchkod.pl/teczowy-pierog-idzie-w-swiat/
- Queer.pl: https://queer.pl/artykul/201470/amerykanska-polonia-tez-moze-byc-otwarta-i-zrobic-cos-dla-innych
- Queer.pl: https://queer.pl/news/202167/dariusz-oko-o-gender-w-san-francisco-rainbow-pierogi
>>> https://rainbowpierogi.com/ <<<