We will provide drinks and snacks (although feel free to bring some more drinks, snacks, and games to help us out!). And don’t forget your facemask! We ask that everyone donate what they can in exchange for some tasty treats and drinks! 80% of the proceeds go toward TheStonewallProtests, with the other 20% going to Queers for a Cause events. The Stonewall Protests - a group of Black Trans and Black Queer activists who have been on the frontlines, organizing marches, educating the community, and fighting for Black Trans and Black Queer rights. (follow them on instagram @thestonewallprotests).
While we encourage allies to attend, this is primarily a queer space. We will not tolerate any hatred, bigotry, racism, in-group fighting, homophobia, or transphobia in this space. Respect everyone or be asked to leave immediately. This event is supposed to be a safe space where LGBTQ+ people can gather together, find comfort in community, make friends, and raise money for a good cause. If you cannot abide by these guidelines, we ask that you please do not attend—perhaps just kindly donate remotely!
* For the exact location, feel free to message us *
Even if you can't attend the event, please still consider donating for the cause :)
We believe that a world without hate and injustice is possible, that we all need to join together in solidarity to create a world filled with equality, acceptance, and love. Let's celebrate Pride and Black Lives Matter together! As the iconic Marsha P. Johnson said, "No Pride for some of us without liberation for all of us."
Any contributions would be greatly appreciated and go towards helping the LGBTQ+ community. We must remember that Black Trans and Queer folx have always been on the frontlines fighting for our rights. We all celebrate “Pride” every year, but did you know that we wouldn’t even have a Pride if it weren’t for Black Trans/Queer folx? The first Pride was a riot (The Stonewall Riots) which started as a direct result of police brutality against the queer community in NYC in the 1960’s. Learn your history and learn why we are all, especially us White Queers, indebted to Black Trans/Queer folx
- Michael Perkiss
- Melissa Occhionero
- Nikkia Rivera
- Debbie Perkiss
- Corrine Rothberg
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more