Frontline healthcare workers need Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). New Thing Nurse can help them get it.
Organized to get KN/N95, surgical masks, eye protection, and other essential PPE to frontline staff who need it, all proceeds will go to finding, purchasing, and shipping PPE to nurses and their colleagues in need.
As of 6/14, the New Thing Nurse PPE Care Package Project has distributed:
- 1,053 masks
- 1,093 sets of eye protection/face shields
- 1,600 gloves
- 142 hair covers/scrub caps
New Thing Nurse PPE Care Packages have been sent to healthcare workers in:
- New York
- South Carolina
- Global Response Management Clinic in Matamoros, MX
These efforts would have never happened without the support of the following PPE donors:
- 500 surgical masks donated by Frontier Health & Resources
- 350 KN95 masks by Caridad Wong, RN & Friends
- Handmade scrub caps from Tom S, RN of Concord, CA
- Handmade scrub caps from Roxie N, MSN, NP, RN, CEN, CPEN, CRN of Boise, ID
New Thing Nurse is also working to match frontline healthcare staff facing PPE shortages with PPE donor organizations to connect PPE supplies with needs.
New Thing Nurse has been able to coordinate the following donations with PPE donor partners:
- 600 face shields donated by Cal Tech in collaboration with Masks for Docs in California
- 110 face shields donated by Make4Covid.co in Colorado
- 200 face shields donated by Bay Area Face Shield Supply in Arizona, California & South Carolina
- 8 face shields donated by the Dallas 3D Printers Club in Texas
For photos of the New Thing Nurse PPE Care Package Project >> https://www.newthingnurse.com/donate-now-ntn-ppe-fundraiser
If you know of nurses in need or have an organization that would like to donate PPE, please contact New Thing Nurse directly: [email redacted]
PPE saves lives. Help New Thing Nurse protect nurses and their patients.
Sarah @ New Thing Nurse
New Thing Nurse PPE Resources: https://www.newthingnurse.com/why-we-need-ppe
- Debra Wells
- Debra Slater