If you are someone who can work from home and still make an income, you are one of the lucky ones. There are a lot more of our fellow Nashvillians who can not do that. Nashville is a generous city filled with many people who have the ability to help others. I ask you now, please donate to this fund. Help our creative community out while they are most in need.
I was inspired by the national crowdfunding campaign, Artist Relief Tree, to begin this campaign. They are doing fabulous work and have raised over $100,000 so far for freelance artists nationwide. However, I wanted to give the people of Nashville the option to help our own.
I will not personally be taking any funds from this campaign, but will act as the facilitator of the funds raised. The funds will be distributed to any freelance creative or musician in need on a first-come-first-serve basis. More on this below.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
• DONATE. Every dollar helps.
• SHARE/POST the link to this fundraiser with a short personal post.
• INVITE others directly to donate.
• THINK about your NETWORK and other people who could help.
• EMAIL me: [email redacted] (comments, ideas or questions)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I request funding?
Once we reach 20% of our goal, info will be released as to how to request funds.
How do I qualify for funds?
Anyone who is an artist can request funds. We plan to fulfill every request with a flat $300 on a first-come-first-serve basis. We decided early on that we could not claim to make any quantifiable judgement on who deserved funds and whose need was greater. We also don’t have time to place a value on each different situation. So, very simply, if you ask for it, we’ll give it to you. The only limiting factor is the amount of money we’re able to raise. It’s possible we’ll run out of funds before we’re able to fulfill every request. So please, help us raise as much money as possible!
OTHER IMPORTANT INFO
1. All funds will be distributed to artists as needed. No one working behind the scenes is collecting a percentage or cut of these donations.
2. We plan to continue to collect and distribute funds as long as there are funds available and the need is evident.
3. Please don't hesitate to reach out [email redacted] with questions or concerns. I am not a professional fundraiser, I just saw a need that wasn't being met and was compelled to take action.
- Ryan Wood
- Matthew Thompson
- Howard Gault
- Deborah Climo
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more