A few days ago, I applied for a three-month summer internship with YUGO Ministries, in Ensenada, Mexico. Although I had wanted to apply for a very long time, I lacked the confidence to believe God would use me in this way. I was wrong. Roughly 8 hours after applying for the three-month summer internship, Trisha Cates, the woman in charge of choosing the interns, messaged me to ask how I felt about the six-month intern program. Coincidentally, my plans for this time period recently fell through. I had been anxious about this but as soon as Trisha asked me to do the six-month program, I felt an overwhelming peace. I knew my biggest hurdle would be asking my father. I sure he would be skeptical, but the Lord surprised me by softening his heart and giving me his blessing.
The Lords plans are not always obvious, but there is no disputing that this is His plan for me for the next six months. I cannot wait to go to Mexico and see what the Lord has in store for me.
I now have barely a month before I leave on February 14, 2014 and I need all prayer and encouragement you can give me. Though I do need money for this trip, I need prayer more than anything else.
1. Prayer that the Lord would continue to give me peace.
2. That the Lord would open my heart to the new experiences and make me teachable.
3. That the Lord would provide for me financially.
· Base cost for the mission is $2,160 but $3,600 is recommended. This additional amount includes:
Ã˜ Discipleship materials
Ã˜ The occasional taco run with other interns
Ã˜ Money for giving, as I work with mission families.
4. Most importantly, that the Lord would continue to change my heart. That I would seek Him and His ways, and not focus on homesickness or other distractions.
Any support, whether that be prayer, encouragement, or donations would be welcome as I embark on this life-changing journey into a whole different culture to serve the Lord.
DonationsSee top donations
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more