Main fundraiser photo

Len to China

Donation protected
In April 2021 I will take on the challenge and cycle from my home town (Amsterdam, NL) all the way to China, a trip of about 10.000 kilometres. Whilst paddling the world I will try to raise money for research that contributes to improving treatment of diabetes.

Having type 1 diabetes myself, I know the struggles and challenges I and millions of others encounter in our day-to-day lives. I want to show the world that even when you have been diagnosed with diabetes, you can still achieve things that you thought weren’t even possible to begin with. You can read more about my story here.

My trip was initially supposed to kick off in March 2020. However, the global Covid-19 outbreak caused me to postpone the trip until 2021. I’m very excited to kick off this year, and try to make it all the way to China!

Follow me on my journey at

At least 90% of all donations will go to the Diabetes Fonds . With the remaining 10% of all donations I will try to keep myself in healthy shape along the trip, fix my bike when needed, and buy medicine along the way if need be. Whatever is left unused when I get to China will all go to the Diabetes Fonds as well.


  • Mary Cloosterman
    • €432 
    • 3 yrs
  • A.H.E. van Buuren
    • €20 
    • 3 yrs
  • Ruud van Buren
    • €50 
    • 3 yrs
  • Rens de Graaf
    • €25 
    • 3 yrs
  • Diederik Zunneberg
    • €100 
    • 3 yrs


Lennart Michels

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee