As you may know, Puerto Rico was just hit with a massive Cat 4 Hurricane that has left the island without power, water, an in most cases without any form of communication.
I'm going down on Saturday. My goals are:
1) Not to eat or drink any of their supplies. I will bring my own (MREs).
2) Bring essential medical/first aid supplies
3) Bring water purification tablets, small solid-fuel stoves for water boiling etc.
4) Bring other supplies and food as time/funds permit. Batteries, Flashlights, canned food, bottled water, etc.
5) Check on as many friends and family as possible.
6) Maybe bring a relative or two back with me to NY.
I hope to bring as many supplies as Delta Airlines will let me bring on my flight tomorrow. Once I'm out there, I will be buying whatever I can. I'll likely focus on Las Piedras, Juncos, and Humacao, with a possible trip to Salinas. If you are looking for anyone in these locations, send me their names. I'll try to check the shelters.
DonationsSee top donations
- Diar Gashi
- Irene Yoon
- Dave Blake
- Heather Girard
- Paul Choi
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more