- My daughter and I have been under a protective order for several days. We’re also granted temporary ownership of our home. We are safe.
- My child's dad and I are both asking for full custody.
- Her dad and I are both seeking ownership of the house we bought together.
- I need a lawyer who can handle civil (domestic violence) and family court cases.
- Tom Gallagher at Pisgah Legal (AVL's legal aid) has been advising me, but is unable to take on my case. (Ivanka’s Dad has cut their budget nearly 50% and there are DV families in more dire need than us. Also, my “privilege” (white, college educated, strong case with loads of evidence over a 4 year span) prevents me from receiving legal aid at this time. True story. Tom confirmed it.
- My child's father has seemingly bottomless financial support, 2 lawyers, and loads of family support.
- I have zero family and financial support. (Many of my close friends know that I’m intentionally estranged from my abusive family of origin.) I cashed in my small life insurance policy to make ends meet, but that won’t last forever.
- We’re receiving food stamps, WIC, and I’m applying for unemployment today.
- My child and I have no insurance as of yesterday [Oct 2]. (I spent half of my monthly income covering my family through ACA for 4 years, but my husband has blocked us from his insurance plan.) I’ve applied for Medicaid, but that takes time.
-I've pre-been diagnosed with adrenal cancer. Many tests have yet to be done. I delayed all of my biopsies and cat scans while I've been keeping S and me afloat since Aug. 17th. My health insurance ended Monday... I'll have to wait to clear Medicaid before I can get more answers. They also found out I have a non-fatal heart issue. Knowledge is power, right?
- [Wed 04 Oct] I puked in the court elevator, blacked out, and seized in the courtroom. I was taken by ambulance to the emergency room at Mission Hospital. I'm told that I concussed and seized again on Wednesday. I'm covered in bruises. Most devastating, S. was temporarily placed in full custody of her dad. Sad, hard days.
- The judge ordered that I have temporary ownership of the extra car that’s been sitting in our driveway since my husband was removed from our home. He hasn’t given the keys to me and if I report him, he will go to jail. I don’t want this for my ex, or especially, my stepdaughter. However, I just repaired my brakes, but also have bald tires on my car with no cash to replace them.
DonationsSee top donations
- boone love
- Melissa Hodges
- Sylvester Morgan
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more