For some time, Vangie has had a dream to start her own non-profit, The Sparrow's Nest. The mission statement:
Based on Psalm 84:3 “Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—a place near your altar, Lord Almighty, my King and my God,” and Jesus’ teaching that God cares even for the sparrows who fall to the ground (Mt 10:29-31), children at The Sparrow’s Nest will find a safe place to experience God’s love and care for all people and for creation.
Children at The Sparrow’s Nest will:
1. Have a safe place to learn and grow.
2. Learn to care for creation through sustainable agricultural and consumer practices.
3. Learn the value of small things, such as small acts of love, kindness, and justice.
4. Experience being part of a membership with one another and with creation.
5. Develop and practice tools for peacemaking and reconciliation.
Early on in her efforts, we believe that she'll primarily focus on writing and creating content. As we expand, we envision doing day camps or after-school programs. If you'd like to see the beginning of what we think it will look like, check out, https://thesparrowsnestplay.org.
The good news is we believe the Lord has made it clear that the time to start is now. We are taking a HUGE faith step and have applied for 501(c)(3) status, but it costs money! We're trying to raise the money to get this process finished (around $1000) and purchase a new computer so she can begin creating content.
If you'd like to help, we're hoping to raise at least $1000. Please consider giving!