141 E Gorham Fire Relief Fund

On the evening of Saturday, February 13th, 141 E Gorham St in Madison, WI caught fire.  My 4 dear friends, Carlye Guzman, Megan Newsom, Brianna Krieg and Becky Schultz all lived on the first floor.  Thankfully no one was home when the fire started and quickly spread through all three floors. 

All four are graduates of UW Madison.  Megan and Carlye both are RNs at the Trauma ICU of UW Hospital, Brianna helps individuals with mental illness at the Yahara House and Becky is in graduate school at UW Madison to become a meteorologist.  These four amazing women lost all of their belongings, from laptops, kitchen items, furniture, clothes and scrubs, to important sentimental items like family pictures and legal documents.  Nothing is left.  We are all so very grateful that no one was home when the fire started and everyone still has their health.  Personal belongings can slowly be replaced overtime, but people can not be. 

Any size donation, no matter how big or small, is greatly appreciated. If you would rather send them items or gift cards, please let me know and I will help you contact them.  All donations will be split evenly between Carlye, Megan, Brianna and Becky.  Please send them your thoughts and prayers.
http://www.wkow.com/story/31217256/2016/02/13/madison-crews-on-scene-of-apartment-fire

Donations (0)

  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 43 mos
  • Annie Paul 
    • $50 
    • 43 mos
  • AK Dominick 
    • $25 
    • 43 mos
  • Becky Bertram 
    • $25 
    • 43 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $10 
    • 43 mos

Organizer and beneficiary 

Solvei Kromm 
Organizer
Madison, WI
Megan Newsom 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more