**I am a volunteer for the North Tonawanda Parks and Rec. department. All money raised will go directly to- and be controlled by the Parks Department. I volunteered to do this because I am a homeowner in the area, a mother of two fourth graders, and a small business owner in North Tonawanda. This park means a whole new world of play for my family and many others in this community.
￼CAN YOU HELP?? This is Mayor's Park as we know it today. That tiny little jungle gym is all the park currently has to offer for our area children. We have an opportunity RIGHT NOW to change this. The NT Parks Department has been given an INCREDIBLE opportunity to build a FIVE THOUSAND square foot adventure park. Ralph Wilson Jr. Foundation and Blue Cross Blue Shield of WNY, together with Kaboom playgrounds have offered a grant to us to build the park of our dreams. The park will cost upward of $100,000. I'm so excited for this dream to come true. All we need is $8,500 for the matching part of the grant. The city will kick in $5,000 but we are required to fundraise the remaining money. This means we need to come up with $3,500 FAST. I have vounteered to head up the fundraising efforts online. You can help without even leaving your house. My goal is to have 100 people from right here in this community pledge $35 each. The playground committee is also planning a big fundraiser to raise any additional funds in case my online fundraiser falls short. I am also going to be distributing sponsorship forms to local businesses. I KNOW we can do this. Here is a list of ways you can contribute-
1. PLAN- Help us design the new park. On Monday May 13 at 4:30 bring your kids to the rec center to tell Kaboom what THEY want the park to look like. At 5:30 send them upstairs to play, and this is time for the adults to put our final touches on the design. You can sign up for this at www.ntyouthcenter.com/playground
2. BUILD DAY- Saturday July 27, we need TWO HUNDRED volunteers to get sweaty with me and build this park. They anticipate this will take 6 hours. Kids activities will be available for when they need a break. More details on this will come, but for now you can sign up to help at www.ntyouthcenter.com/playground
3. ONLINE FUNDRAISER- Donate right here!
4. CHINESE AUCTION- Thursday July 11 5-8pm. We will need basket and gift card donations. We are also having a chicken dinner with presale tickets available. Contact the Parks Department for more info!
5. BUSINESS SPONSORSHIP- all businesses who sponsor the playground will be listed on a temporary banner the day of the build event in recognition of your donations. You can contact the parks department for a donation letter at 716-695-8520
6. SHARE- help get the word out about this project!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Let's make this happen!!!