FUNDRAISER DEADLINE - 4th OCTOBER
We are projecting a video of supportive messages on the An Nahar building in Beirut’s Martyr’s Square for 4 hours on 4 nights starting on October 4th
- Long term mental health depends on emotional support.
- It is crucial to communicate feelings of community in order to show the people that they are not alone
WHERE & WHEN
An Nahar Newspaper Building, Martyr's Square, Beirut - Evenings of 4th, 5th ,6th and 7th October
PROGRESS SO FAR
We partnered with LSE Alumni Lebanon, Ahla Fawda and Art of Change to set up our on the ground operation. With their resources we have already been able to secure the following:
1) Projection and audio equipment procured (with necessary technicians)
2) No legal/local barriers preventing projection
3) Art of Change providing art content for display
4) Local An Nahar newspaper will provide coverage and promote locally so people know to come and watch
Up to £20
Thank you very much for your donation! Please do leave a message of support! We'll add this to the mural so that the people of Beirut can really feel connected to us all : )
£20 - £50
Wow this is big! If you'd like to send through a picture of you/ your name we'd love to display this in a slide show when we're projecting so that our friends on the ground can see some of the people behind the support !
This is amazing! Thank you very much for your support of our campaign! We'd like to invite you to send us a 15-20 second video of you with your message to the people in Beirut! We'd like to project this for everyone to see before/after we project the mural. We also may use this in a compilation of all the video messages we receive.
WHAT WE ARE PROJECTING
1) Typed messages - We're collecting heartfelt messages from people all over the world which we'll be turning into a projected mural on the ground in Beirut
2) Artwork - We will be showcasing artwork from local and international artists
3) Video Messages - We're collecting video messages of support to make into a compilation which we can also project
WHY WE NEED MONEY
Projector+Audio - £4000
Generator Costs - £1500
Staging Costs - £1500
Other small logistical expenses are also expected
All in all we expect our project to cost approximately £7.5k, we would like to raise more money than this so that we can also help fund the work being done by NGOs on the ground to rehouse, treat and feed the people who need support.
ALL MESSAGES AND VIDEOS MUST BE RECEIVED BY SEPTEMBER 24th - send these to [email redacted]
- Shafaq Afzal
- Kenneth Damien