Baby Nora Moser

The story of Nora…so far:
About 3 weeks ago Alyssa started having contractions. Her Dr. sent her to labor and delivery to be monitored. They did an ultrasound and found her amniotic fluid to be high and were concerned with how little the baby was moving. They called in a Specialist and decided to release her from the hospital the next day after they had given her steroid shots for the baby to help her lungs to develop quicker and medication to stop the contractions. They agreed that Alyssa would be monitored closely by her regular Dr. and the Specialist.
On Tuesday March 6, Alyssa went in for her scheduled Dr. appointment and they conducted a test through an ultrasound on the baby and found that she was under stress. The Dr. sent her to labor and delivery and said that they would monitor her for 4 hours and conduct the test again. If the baby was still under stress at that time, they would take her by C-section. The baby failed the second test and the Dr. wanted to send Alyssa to the U of U to deliver, but the Drs. at the U decided the flight would be too risky.
Baby Nora was born at 7:40 p.m. at Logan Regional Hospital and had a team of Drs. waiting for her including the Life Flight team to transport her to Primary Children’s as soon as she was stable. She is a beautiful baby girl with lots of dark hair just like her daddy. She weighed 2 lbs. 15 oz. and is 16” long. The family was able to see her while they were preparing her for transport and the team brought her into Alyssa to say good bye before they left. One of the sweet nurses said, “please try not to worry, I will take care of her like she is my own”.
Lynden (Tater) and his mom left Logan immediately to be with the baby and I stayed with Alyssa. Nora arrived safely and was stable. The Drs. are conducting many tests…so far they have found that her heart, brain and lungs look good structurally. She has very tiny bones and rib cage, even smaller than a 2 lb. baby should have, her ears are set low on her head and her limbs are stiff. They are testing for genetic disorders but all we know now is what she doesn’t have. She does have something, they just don’t know what it is at this time, it will be through the process of elimination of many tests to find out.
Last night her heart rate shot up to 200 and they took several x-rays. They found that she has a collapsed lung. They turned up her oxygen and are hoping that it will heal itself. She had a small tear which indicated that she might be in some pain, so they gave her Tylenol and assured us that she was resting comfortably a little while later. She is such a little miracle and we know that she is strong and will continue to get stronger as the days go by…we love her so much!
Many of you have been asking what you could do to lend a helping hand. This would be a huge financial stress relief for mom and dad. Alyssa and Lynden (Tater) are overwhelmed with the amount of love and support that are being sent their way and are so grateful! Thank you for all of your prayers and positive vibes.


 See top
  • Samantha O’Neill 
    • $40 
    • 36 mos
  • Hilary Vansweden 
    • $5 
    • 36 mos
  • Kimberlee Bond 
    • $50 
    • 36 mos
  • Jed Gregersen 
    • $50 
    • 36 mos
  • Becky Orozco 
    • $50 
    • 36 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Lacie Olsen 
Syracuse, UT
Alyssa Moser 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more