Help Baby Mounter

I have a new little nephew on the way! However he has quite the fight ahead of him. Baby Mounter has been diagnosed with Congenital Pulmonary Airway Malformation and has a high risk for heart failure. Laura and Jon Mounter are already wonderful parents and this baby is being brought into our world with such love and strength. We are hoping to lessen the financial burden that they are feeling as doctor bills add up and maternity & paternity leave is unpaid for by their employers. They are currently making weekly trips to UW Medical Center to closely monitor baby and will relocate to Seattle around 36 weeks. Baby Mounter is guaranteed to have surgery, if not emergent, within the first year of his life. Once Baby Mounter has arrived we want to make sure both mom and dad can be home to care for him in those early weeks without stress for lack of paychecks. Any amount that you can give will help, even if all you can is a prayer or kind thought!

-----------------------------------------------------

"On June 18th we woke up so excited! This was the day we had been waiting for! Would Baby Mounter be wearing blue or pink?? We couldn’t wait to get another glimpse of our sweet little babe and were over the moon seeing our little one wiggle around on that black and white screen. It became quite clear we would be having a little boy, and not a shy one at that!
We went out to breakfast afterwards to celebrate and then Jon went to work and Maddie and I headed to my mom’s to pick her up and then head to the pool to share our news and enjoy the rest of the beautiful day.
While en route to pick up my mom, I received a call from the hospital and thought no way staffing! I’m not coming in to work today! When I got a second call from the same number, my blood started to chill. In my head I’m thinking...okay staffing never calls twice, I just had my 20 wk ultrasound today and my OB clinic is attached to the hospital with the same generic number...When I answered the phone it was to the soothing voice of my OB doctor. He asked me how I was and what I was doing today, I told him and he said he would give me a call back in 10 minutes when I made it to my moms. I can’t tell you what was running through my head at this point but as soon as I got to my moms I went into a quiet room, text Jon with an update, and stared at the phone.
I jumped when my phone finally lit up with that same number, tears already in my eyes. My doctor in his gentle voice proceeded to tell me that there’s no easy way to tell someone this news but that our sweet baby boy had a large mass on his lung. The mass measured at 3.5cm, which took up a good portion of his small chest. He said possible diagnosis’ included two very rare conditions: congenital pulmonary airway malformation or bronchopulmonary sequestration and sometimes in these cases it can be a mix of both. He went on to tell me that in the ultrasound it looked like it was pushing or “displacing” the heart. He was sending a referral to UWMC for us to go to the Maternal Infant Care Clinic to get a level 2 ultrasound and meet with a high risk OB specialist. He let me cry, answered my questions and then called back a few days later to see how we were doing and to make sure UW had made contact with me.
Last Monday, August 7 we went to UWMC for our ultrasound and to meet with the specialist. We found out that our baby boy was growing, but so had the mass, it now measured 5cm. She told us that it was one large mass taking up most of his right lung and was starting to cross over his chest’s midline displacing baby’s heart. No sign yet of hydrops (accumulation of fluid throughout baby’s body-bad news). They use a formula to calculate baby’s risk for hydrops and want to see the number well below 1.6, our little guy was at 1.5. She said we will need close monitoring and frequent check ups with her along with specialists at Seattle Children’s. We learned that baby needed to be born at UWMC because of his risk factors and would need surgery, if not emergent upon birth, before he reached 1 year old to remove the mass on his lung.
Tomorrow we head to Children’s to get a repeat ultrasound and a fetal echocardiogram. We will meet with our specialist again along with the cardiologist to assess baby’s mass and heart status.
Next Tuesday we will return for another ultrasound and to meet again with our specialist as well as the pediatric surgeon to get a relationship started and find out what our plan is.
Please send prayers, good vibes, love or whatever you believe in to our sweet baby boy. This is going to be a long hard journey and we’re just getting started."
-Laura Mounter


If you are curious about Baby Mounter's diagnosis and want to learn more, here is a link!


23025928_1502832427.2344_funddescription

Donations ()

  • Sydney Aumell 
    • 100 $ 
    • 29 mos
  • Amar Malhi 
    • 5 $ 
    • 30 mos
  • Jakob Hunter 
    • 100 $ 
    • 30 mos
  • Shane LaMountain  
    • 30 $ 
    • 31 mos
  • Roxanne Morris Park 
    • 50 $ 
    • 31 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Nikki Volquartsen 
Organizer
Everett, WA
Laura Mounter 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more