1. Im LUCIEN MARVEL ZAMBO ATANGANA. Im a Black GAY(LGBTQ) refugee living in Maryland in the USA.I'm originally from CAMEROON in AFRICA where I was an LGBTQ activist and I had fled there because I was persecuted because of my activism for LGBTQ Rights and especially Black Trans folks.
2. Im organizing this fundraiser on behalf of RAINBOW SUNRISE MAPAMBAZUKO with which I had collaborated and worked in partnership with in AFRICA particulary in my origin country CAMEROON as well as in the DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC of the CONGO in fight for the Promotion of LGBTQ Rights and especially for Trans folks that are the most vulnerable and most affected by hate crimes and homelessness.That's why these funds will save the life of trans folks that are in urgent need for help as they are facing homelessness now.
3. So these funds will be first urgently affected to urgently help Black Trans folks that are facing homelessness now by renting for them housing and food to survive.And the rest will be affected to help other LGBTQ affected by the covid-19 crisis as described bellow.
4. The funds collected so far will be withdrawn and I will transfer all these funds to RAINBOW SUNRISE MAPAMBAZUKO Bank account in the DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC of the CONGO.And RAINBOW SUNRISE MAPAMBAZUKO has already set up an emergency action commettee responsible for all urgent actions the first of which is to provide urgent assistance to all Black Trans facing homelessness now.
URGENT UPDATE!!!!!MANY BLACK TRANS NOW ARE FACING HOMELESSNESS AND RAINBOW SUNRISE MAPAMBAZUKO CAN'T HELP THEM ALL BECAUSE THE NUMBER OF BLACK TRANS FACING HOMELESSNESS INCREASED SIGNIFICANTLY IN RECENT DAYS AND CONTINUES TO INCREASE AND WE ARE OVERWHELMED ! WE NEED URGENTLY MORE FUNDS PLEASE KEEP DONATE DONATE DONATE PLEASE AND ALSO SIGN AND SHARE THIS PETITION FOR ALL OUR BLACK TRANS SISTER FACING HOMELESSNESS NOW:http://chng.it/wF7tsBTw
My name is LUCIEN MARVEL and I am a black LGBTQ refugee living here in Maryland in the USA. Being black in America means two words: DISCRIMINATION and OPRESSION and being Black LGBTQ in Africa also means DISCRIMINATION and OPRESSION. So, we have the same common battle: The battle against injustice, oppression and we all have a burning desire for change, equality, and Justice. Today, this LGBTQ black community in the Democratic Republic of Congo(DRC) in AFRICA and more particularly transgender black women already victims of so much oppression, discrimination and violence are even more fragile and more vulnerable by the covid-19 crisis.
The NGO “RAINBOW SUNRISE MAPAMBAZUKO -RSM” (that fights for the Promotion of the right and equality of LGBTQ in DRC) is today powerless facing this covid-19 crisis which further weakens Black LGBTQ people and more particularly transgender black women. Since the beginning of this Covid-19 crisis many Black LGBTQ people in DRC especially Black transgender women lost their jobs and can't no longer take care of themselves
Rainbow Sunrise Mapambazuko tried to help Black transgender women who are the most vulnerable by this crisis by helping them with food as you can see on the picture above but that wasn’t sufficient because since May until today Rainbow Sunrise Mapambazuko has received 88 requests from Black LGBTQ (70 pourcent from transgender black women) for emergency assistance for housing ,food as well as medical care but it’s not able to answer to all these requests since it doesn’t have enough means and that's why this organization is powerless now and need your support to help all these LGBTQ and especially transgender black women that have been oppressed by the Congo’s Police and now facing covid-19 with no one to assist them.
Please don’t forget them! They also need justice and equality,they also deserve attention from the DRC Government especially in these hard times of covid-19 crisis. Please stand for them too because their lives also matter as for all blacks Americans here in the USA. We have the same battle against injustice and oppression!
RAINBOW SUNRISE MAPAMBAZUKO will implement the following actions to urgently respond to this crisis with your donations:
- Create an Emergency Aid Fund where RSM will assist each person with a mini grant of 450 dollars to cover their urgent needs which mainly include rent, bills, and food as well as medical care. Thus all 88 requests for assistance will benefit each one from 450 dollars, which will make a total of 39,600 dollars.
- Create a food canteen with the basic foods that RSM will buy and distribute to each of 88 LGBTQ : bags of rice, cassava, corn flour, cassava flour, milk powder. Cartons of sugar as well as cooking oil, beef, fish, as well as Chicken. All these items will cost 10,000 dollars
- And RSM will also buy 20 packs of masks (15 dollars per pack) which will make 15 dollars x 20 = 300 dollars
- All funds raised will be transferred to the bank account of the NGO RSM that will set up an executive committee responsible for the establishment and execution of these emergency actions.
The total amount will be 39,600+10,000+300=49,900 dollars
I make this fundraising on behalf of the NGO RAINBOW SUNRISE MAPAMBAZUKO that needs your help! your donations will save many lives and give back smile at those LGBTQ people who went through too much discrimination, marginalization and persecution and now weakened by this covid-19 crisis.
You can visit the page Facebook of the NGO RAINBOW SUNRISE MAPAMBAZUKO: https://www.facebook.com/Rainbow-Sunrise-MapambazukoLGBTI-RDC-736357919730560/
Here are some pictures of RSM activities in Democratic Republic of Congo:
1.Workshop on LGBTQ rights with the human rights officer of the United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the DR Congo.
2.Celebration of the International Day against Homophobia and Transphobia
3.Free HIV testing for LGBTQ volunteers
4.Free distribution of lubricating gels and Dental Dam to LGBTQ
- Alexander Little
- Laura Keith
LUCIEN MARVEL ZAMBO ATANGANA
Silver Spring, MD