We produce reusable sanitary pads by up-cycling waste materials from our clothing factory. The Kujuwa pad is a high quality, reusable, inexpensive pad that enables girls and women to manage their periods safely.
We train and support young people, families and educators in sexual reproductive health and rights and menstrual hygiene management. We are passionate about supporting girls to have the same opportunities as boys.
• A monthly period should not be a barrier for girls.
• It should not hinder girls from attending school.
• It should not cause embarrassment or shame.
We encourage girls to respect their body, to fight for equality and to aspire to a great future. We support boys to gain a respect and understanding for the lifecycle of a woman’s body.
To date we have provided training and sanitary pads to over 7,000 young women. We are proud of this but it’s a drop in the ocean.
Here are ways you can help:
• For £3 a girl receives one washable sanitary pad and training on sexual reproductive health, rights and menstrual hygiene management.
• For £10 a girl receives a full kit and training on sexual reproductive health, rights and menstrual hygiene management.
The kits include 2 pads, 2 pairs of underwear, soap and a bag.
Kujuwa Initiative information - our website with more details.
Thank you for supporting the Kujuwa Initiative, we cannot express how life changing your contribution will be to the lives of these girls and to the livelihoods of our team.
- Origin Africa
- Celine Boddin
- Adrienne Teh
- Suzanne Palmer - HES Estate Management Ltd
Fundraising team: Kujuwa Initiative Kenya (4)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more