ALL proceeds from this Campaign go directly to #TeamRodriguez who is helping families in Ingleside, Corpus Christi, Portland, Rockport, Port Aransas clean up after the storm.
We have all been watching the news & getting a little Anxious....
those of you who know us know....
1) that we went to high school in South Texas, which is right where Hurricane Harvey hit
2) that we have 3 brothers and ALOT of nieces, nephews, FAMILY who still live in South Texas (10 families in all, not including spouses & children)
3) that our parents & eldest brother live in Texas (near San Antonio & Austin)
4) that Hurricane Katrina was an extremely destructive storm that hit the Gulf Coast of the United States in August 2005 (12 years ago, almost exactly to the date that Harvey made landfall)
5) the storm path for Katrina was Eerily similar to Harvey's
6) parts of Texas WERE affected by Katrina
7) Having lived in New Orleans most of our lives, and another huge portion in South Texas, we have experienced & survived MANY hurricanes (including many which we 'worked through'- staying at the hospital to help out in the emergency)
8) We survived Hurricane Andrew (I lived in the path of the hurricane when it hit.... rode out the storm in the NICU where I was working as a travel nurse)
9) we still have a little PTSD after Katrina. Our family had a new baby, evacuated & had loss of houses, things, etc....
- we flew out from Texas on the day that Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans
10) storm surge is REALLY the problem following a hurricane (especially a slow-moving one like Harvey & Katrina)
11) New Orleans recently had significant flooding due to 'pump failures' & some of those pumps are 'still not functioning'...
Please keep us in your prayers!!! and those of you within the path: don't take chances.
We are setting up a GoFundMe to help our families & friends who have lost much, (some still do not know how much).
Anything you can give helps..... anywhere you can share helps!!
All proceeds go to the families who have lost property, time from work, hotel stays..... etc.
Thanks & God Bless
Mike Rodriguez, Jon Rodriguez, Alan Rodriguez, Andrea Chappell, Laura Williams, Angela Ingmire, Paul Rodriguez, Sarah Rodriguez, Aleshia Reyes & Maria Vaidya and our spouses + 19 children
- Kathleen Lipscombe
- Direct Impact Fund
- Jessica Clouatre
- Young Shin
- Lorie Duncan
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more