We are nearing our goal of $6,500, which will provide critical relief supplies during this unfortunate period.
Not the smiles!
Will post more updates as they become available.
- Through three phases, provide funding to enable short-term sustainment to a village of 500 individuals.
- The Barangay 4-de Agosto (Crossing) is a remote barangay and presently cut-off from aid that is readily available in Tacloban.
How: For Phase I, I have personnel in Manila who are personally transporting supplies to Barangay 4-de Agosto. This addresses the near-term hunger issue, and ensures basic supplies are on-hand to feed a village of approximately 500. Once relief aid begins flowing to the barangay, we transition to Phase II, which is obtaining *basic* building supplies to ensure water-tight integrity of roofing (this means buying galvanized steel roofing).
- This fund differs from other funds here on GoFundMe, and from what the other larger funds do. In Phase III, we begin retrofitting roofs, and structures to be more capable to withstand typhoons in the future. This addresses the root cause of the problem, which is to provide structures that can withstand typhoons so that they do not pose a drain on economic resources in the future.
Pictures are *not* currently available because this is a remote barangay. Kind donations will be immediately contributed to efforts in Crossing, Mahaplag, and since we have relationships built with the local Barangay Captain, our aid has greater potential of significant and *lasting* impact.
- This micro-relief effort differs fairly significantly from macro-relief efforts that are deployed by massive NGO's such as the Red Cross, or World Vision in both size, scope, and relief velocity. Micro-relief has immediate impact to the areas where it is provided.
- Current situation on the ground is many relief supplies are *not* making it to the smaller provinces because aid workers are not authorized to distribute aid to those areas that various NGOs do not desire to support. Smaller more remote areas are either failing to receive aid, or are receiving very minimal amounts of support.
- Any contribution, no matter how small, will assist. The majority of contributions will help group of relatives buy goods in, and then deliver these goods directly to these two barangays. They will then be packed in to bags with each bag containing at least 2 days of supplies. The distribution of goods will be based on each of the family's needs. Updates will be posted here as they become available. Please understand that it takes a little longer to get pictures out of the more remote areas.
Please consider donating to the Barangay 4-de Agosto (Crossing) micro-relief effort. The funds will go towards buying very basic necessities, and basic building materials (i.e. to patch a hole in a galvanized steel roof or repair bamboo slits).
We will keep everyone updated via Face Book. Thank you and God Bless.
1. Who you are and what your relationship is to those you are raising money for:
- My father-in-law, spouse, and 4 children that live with him in Barangay 4-de-Agosto. These are 6 of the estimated 500 people who will be assisted by this aid. The aid will be distributed by the Barangay Captain *not* my father-in-law.
- Barangay 4-de Agosto (Crossing), Mahaplag, Leyte - estimated 500 individuals affected
2. How you intend to spend the funds you are raising.
- These funds will be used to buy subsistence items, anti-biotics, acetaminophen, and small building supplies (nails...small patches)
- Water is *NOT* needed because the village has access to a spring and river and boils water.
DonationsSee top donations
- Mr. Sam and Mrs. Susan Wilders
- Friends from San Antonio, TX
- Evelyn Charlene, Joey
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more