Kayla's Double Organ Transplant Fund

At eights months old doctors discovered Kayla's mitro valve on the left side of her heart had not formed completely causing her heart to be sluggish. Doctors operated on her and replaced the valve with a mechanical valve. Three days later they had to operate again this time putting in a pacemaker. Kayla's heart continued to decline for the next year and had become so enlarged she ended up with cardiomyopathy (literally "heart muscle disease"). Kayla was placed on the transplant list and waited for three months before receiving the most precious gift of all, her new heart! After 5 1/2 hours of surgery doctors came out and told Kayla's mom Debbie " I gave you back your daughter" he also told her that Kayla would have only lived for a couple of more months without her new heart. Kayla took to the her new heart immediately and was weaned off medications day by day. Kayla was down to only two medications and never had a rejection. She was given a second chance at life and lived it normally. At the age of 17 doctors had to change Kayla's medications because the ones she had been taking were starting to affect her kidneys. Kayla did well over the next several years, graduating high school, following her dreams and starting her adult life. In 2011 Kayla's heart started showing signs that something was not right with her heart. She started going through a series of different procedures for months at a time. In 2013 Kayla stated developing fluid on her abdomen requiring her to be drained every 7 to 14 days. Doctors put in a pacemaker hoping that would help but it did not. On September 30th 2013 they went back in and performed open heart surgery to replace her tricupsed valve, while in surgery Kayla went into cardiac arrest and had to be brought back to life. The surgery was hard on Kayla and her kidneys shut down and for two weeks Kayla was put on dialysis. Her Kidneys started working again, kayla was producing urine and she was allowed to go home on November 1st 2013. Unfortunately the fluid came right back and Kayla was once again being put through extensive tests....
***WHERE KAYLA IS NOW***
Kayla has a stiffening of the heart which in a transplanted heart its called "a stiff heart" also Kayla's kidneys are only working at 30%. Kayla is now needing a second heart transplant and kidney.
Kayla has had her heart for 22 years with no major problems until last year. Kayla is a fighter and loves life so much. She is our hero!!
This transplant surgery is covered 80% by insurance so we are asking for help covering the other 20%. If you cannot donate monetarily we ask that you keep Kayla in your prayers ♥
  • Nesanne seibert 
    • $50 
    • 87 mos
  • Bill MacGregor 
    • $20 
    • 87 mos
  • MARGARET GRUSE 
    • $800 
    • 87 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $265 
    • 87 mos
  • cody gros 
    • $50 
    • 87 mos
See all

Organizer

Debbie Mancaurso 
Organizer
Gainesville, GA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more