Studio Joy Garden, Home of Oak Valley Youth GardenHAS OFFICIALLY BROKEN GROUND!!!
Together, with you, we are creating a community sanctuary where people of all ages and backgrounds will come together cooperatively and interact. This dream garden space is FOR and BY the support of this extraordinary community! Phase 1 (completed): Planning and Irrigation
We have worked with seven local irrigation companies to donate all the irrigation parts required to bring water to the entire one acre lot. Installation starts the week of June 10!Phase 2 (in progress): Pathways and Planting Beds
We are currently seeking material donations or monetary donations to install decomposed granite walkways, edging, and the drip systems for our planting beds. Our estimated need for this phase is $7-9,000. The planting beds we're building this year cover over 7,200 square feet of our lot. And there's more to come! (Materials list available upon request.)Phase 3: Lawn
The center of our garden will be a lawn for play and relaxation. Our estimated need for this phase is $7,000.Phase 4: Tree Planting
Our garden plan calls for over 40 varieties of fruit trees to be planted as well as shade trees. Citrus, stone fruit, grapes, and more! Phase 5: Picnic TablesMore to come in the future.
The one acre garden, is located at 929 W. Main Street in downtown Ripon. It will have raised beds for vegetable production, fruit trees, picnic tables, a children’s play area, and a lawn area perfect for relaxation and enjoyment. Since 2017, Oak Valley Youth Garden
has donated over 800 pounds of produce to organizations that feed those in need. This new garden will allow us to double our donations to needy families in our area.
Upon completion, we will resume our children’s gardening program to a weekly garden session, double our annual produce donations, offer our space to schools to use for their K-12 students, and be open to the public to enjoy the natural beauty.
The budget for Studio Joy Garden represents our building fund and its operating costs for the next year. All donations are tax deductible.We gratefully accept donations of any amount. We also have the following sponsorship levels available:Ally: $150
- personally engraved brick in the garden.Friend: $250
- personally engraved brick in the garden, tote bag, social media thank you.Supporter: $500
- personally engraved brick in the garden, tote bag, your logo appears on our sign and website, social media thank you.Partner: $1000
- personally engraved brick in the garden, tote bag, your logo appears on our sign and website, social media thank you, your name on our custom tree art in the front of the garden.Advocate: $2500
- personally engraved brick in the garden, tote bag, your logo appears on our sign and website, social media thank you, your name on our custom tree art in the front of the garden, your name on a garden box.Sponsor: $5000
- personally engraved brick in the garden, tote bag, your logo appears on our sign & website, social media thank you, your name on our custom tree art, your name on a garden box, two tickets to our garden opening dinner.Our Mission-
We believe that by developing a peaceful and nurturing space where individuals, families, and groups may grow nutritious organic fruits and vegetables for their community at large, we are also growing joy.
We believe in improving nutritional awareness and promoting healthy eating habits by encouraging home gardening, and offering educational programs to provide positive social interaction and recreation.
We believe in nurturing curiosity and providing hands-on learning opportunities for children by providing gardening space for use by youth programs and schools.
We believe in promoting the health and well being of all participants to provide accessible space for enriching programs and events to encourage physical strength and mental balance.
We believe in building a beautiful sanctuary where people of all ages and backgrounds commune and interact in a lively pursuit.
We believe you’ll find something for your fulfillment here.Welcome to Studio Joy Garden!
You can see more about our progress and plans at our website
, and Instagram