Dale Huffman's Cancer Fighting Fund
While the doctors were testing him, they determined that he was severly anemic and started him on a blood transfusion. They also discovered a baseball sized tumor, and some smaller ones, in his colon when they did a ct scan.
They did surgery that night to biopsy it.
The next day, they found more tumors, not only in his colon, but in his liver as well.
He also had a blocked kidney that caused it to be unable to function. They are draining it trying to get the kidney working again. He also had alot of internal bleeding from his intestines which the have under control.
The doctors have said he has terminal colon cancer and have given him 6 months to 2 years to live.
He will be starting chemotherapy to fight this.
Dale has a loving wife, 6 adult children and 10 amazing grandchildren. We very much want him to prove these doctors wrong, and live for another 10 years. Making memories with all of us, that will last a lifetime.
All funds raised will be given to my parents, to put towards any bills that are incurred from the cancer.
If you cannot afford to give, and have read through all of this, your thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated.
Dad is doing a lot better, he's gaining some of his strength back and he is sounding more like his normal self.
He starts chemo next week, and they have a pretty rigorous chemo treatment set up for him at that.
Again, thank you so much to everyone who has contributed, it is a major blessing!
The last update seemed to have vanished, so i will give a recap of that before posting the new info.
2 weeks ago, after having been sent home a few days before, dad started to get bad again. Mom called the doctor and he said to get dad to the ER. They ran their tests and it showed an issue with his bowels. They prepped him for surgery and went in to fix the problem. Turns out the largest of his tumors in his colon had cause his bowels to perforate in a couple of spots from friction. His bowels had started seaping into his abdominal cavity. The doctors patched up the perforations and cleaned everything they could.
The surgery has a 25% success rate. The other 75% of the time, either the patches don't last or an infection occurs, either way it proves fatal to the patient.
The doctors told mom that it was time to call family in because it, so often, just doesn't work. The doctors changed his life expectancy from 6 month-2 years down to 1-2 weeks.
On November 23rd, my family and I started showing up (more like swarming... bless the medical staff and their patience of our large family) on Washington.
Now for the newest update,
Dad was sent home from the hospital the day after Thanksgiving. His bowels started functioning correctly again and he has developed no infections and the patches are holding! The doctors have changed his time back to 6 months -2 years!
He is still easily exhausted and has a long road ahead of him, but he is fighting this with all he has.
We are so thankful for those who are praying and those who have donated. They are such a blessing, there is no way to properly show how thankful we are!
Dale was finally released from the hospital today and is home now.
He gets about 2 weeks to recoup from everything they did to him in the hospital... after Thanksgiving he starts his chemotherapy.
Dale is, unfortunately, still in the hospital. He had his chest port placed on Monday and they started using it yesterday.
He is having digestive issues now and they're running more tests to figure out what is going on there. The doctors are looking at putting him back on a liquids only diet to try to get things moving right again.
He is also having blood in his urine, so they're running test to make sure there aren't any tumors in his bladder.
He is still very optimistic that he can fight this enough to give him more time on this earth with us.
Thank you all for all of your support.
If you cannot donate, please keep dad in your prayers and share this online.
Fight the good fight, brother!
i known dale for a long time, GOD has healed me and GOD's will he will heal dale..if GOD doesnt, he has his reasons, he will know GOD and all things before we willi do pray that all the cancer leaves dale , GOD bless dale and keep the faith family.. GOD is always in control..you know who this is , the CiA...