Turning Paiges Mission in Dominican
We are hosting a charitable mission to a rural area of the Dominican Republic. Two of our dedicated members, Tristen Paige, Founder, and Erica Pitts, will be traveling to Samana to teach sign language, basic math, and biblical principals the deaf as well as supplying educational materials and reading glasses.
Those in the deaf community in the DR are generally outcast for their lack of communication and are in dire need of learning skills to help them become independent members of society. The deaf are almost all poor and just barely getting by. Supporting their families becomes extremely difficult since jobs are scarce for everyone but even more so for the deaf. Our biggest focus on this mission is on teaching skills and providing tools that give long lasting benefits to build people and communities globally.
All donations will go directly to this effort and will facilitate the following:
• Visits to several hospitals and schools in rural areas of the Dominican Republic to meet people where they are
• Provide basic training in sign language, math and Christian principles
• Supply educational materials such as sketch pads, white boards, dry erase markers, crayons, colored pencils, coloring books, and math workbooks at the 1st and 2nd grade levels
• Reading glasses
• DVD players and/or tablets for playing the sign language lessons
• Airfare and modest accommodations for two travelers
The money raised will help us change lives across generations.
“This first global mission is particularly dear to me as I lost partial hearing due to domestic violence. I have a heart to be impactful in the deaf community. This is our first step to lending our hands and heart to change lives in the deaf community globally.”
- Tristen Paige
The Turning Paiges Charitable Mission to Dominican Republic is scheduled for December 20-27, 2015. Please help us help others globally with a donation today!
Your support is incredibly impactful, globally life changing, and profoundly appreciated.
2015 was an amazing year for Turning Paiges. Thanks to the generosity of others we were able to end our year by taking our charitable efforts abroad to the Dominican Republic. We are extremely grateful to all of those who have supported us with blessings, prayers, time, heart, and donations. We look forward to continuing Turning Paiges with you all in 2016!